Create your Blog on TradTalk Traditional Archery bowhunting longbows selfbows 3D field archery | HOME
I went out in the field behind the house and took a few 100 yard shots with the new bow yesterday. I shot even with the target but off to the right a few feet. Today I decided to try the rawhide string. It broke on the first shot. I had not cut the rawhide evenly and one part of the string had several thin places in the strands right next to each other. So much for a "precision" string. I have a second one from the goat rawhide drying now and some cow rawhide soakiing.
I only have 2 locust shafts semi shaped to size. I decided to rework some cane arrows I haven't been using. I split a chunk of osage and drilled holes in one end. I cut slots about halfway the depth of the holes and tapered the ends of the cane arrows to a force fit. They are glued and drying now. I'll shape the osage to a point.