Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Patron Membership
Board Menu
» Help

Go Back   TradTalk Forums > Main Category > TradTalk Main Forum

Old 11-09-2013, 03:11 AM

Default My new IFAA 3d Bowhunter Recurve rig arrived :-)

My new IFAA Bowhunter recurve rig arriwed ! :-)

- SF Forged+ riser
- SF Elite + 38#@28" limbs

It is super !

Zsolt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20131109_001.jpg (161.5 KB, 219 views)
Remove Ads
Old 11-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Barefaced tightropewalker

Default Re: My new IFAA 3d Bowhunter Recurve rig arrived :-)

Okay Zolt.

Score 2/5 for effort and another 1/5 for posting a picture but to get the 5/5 you need to tell us a bit more about your impression of what it's like to shoot.

We're a tough audience here on TT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at. - lbg

Most people practice their shooting instead of using the act of shooting to practice their concentration. Joel Turner.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:37 AM

What distance did you shoot?

I have a set of Elite plus limbs, Im impressed on how well they shoot, the riser we bought for our Stepson in the summer, I havent shot it but looks very weel made and has a nice grip and balance

Old 11-09-2013, 06:06 AM

That is a nice looking rig. Like Grey said, tell us more.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:30 AM

Very nice set up! I had the same rig...now happily residing with a good mate of mine.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:12 AM

I got one of those risers to shoot Oly, it's impressed me greatly! The stock grip is amazing if you like a medium with narrow throat.

-Grant
Archery is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your score is, what place you are in) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Hunting Bow: 46# and 57# CH

Pretty space age - and funky...cool jer
Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 PM

I like the look of that rig. SF limbs seem tough to beat right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 11-10-2013, 01:06 AM

Thank you !

Ok, I try to give you Grey an short review about the bow, but I have to say in advance to you, I am totally beginner at the area in metal risers bows... Until now I had only wooden take-downs, for example Dryad Orion ACS recurve and an hungaryan custom competition wooden take-down a GL Bow... But in 2015 Hungary will held the IFAA 3d Bowhunter World Cup, and by then I want to shot well in the IFAA Bowhuntung Recurve class...

For now is new for me the plunger, and the flipper magnet rest.... I try them properly adjusting.

Stewe, the shoot on the attached photo was 18m. I shot 5m-30m to try the limbs, and the gaps was the same as I used with the ACS... and the bareshafts flew well with the fletched to 30m, in the same group... In winter I will shot mainly indoor distances - 18m...

The riser as I feel, is well balanced with this Dionker 12" stab, virtually vibration-free at the shooting. And I like the risers matt gray color. The grip is a Jager Best 2.0 grip, it give me more better hand position, than my earlier wooden risers...

The SF Elite+ limb at my drawlenght (amo 29,25) is 41,5#, and I feel so, it is not at all slower than my earlier 41# Dryad ACS recurve... (but I does not has a crono...) The limbs are queiter than the ACS and I feel at the draw at least as smoot/soft as the ACS... I think it was a bargain see the performance and the price...

Best Regards !

Zsolt
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brutusz For This Useful Post:
Bowbender Mike (11-10-2013), Greysides (11-10-2013), Navan-James (11-10-2013), rusty craine (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 01:06 AM

that look sweet !
Old 11-10-2013, 03:10 AM

My first full FITA indoor (18m/20yard - 40cm FITA face, 2X10X3 arrows - max 2X300 score) shooting with this rig:

1. 10X3 arrows : 230 2-10; 1-X
2. 10X3 arrows : 228 2-10; 2-X
Total: 458 score (my personal best was last year 508 score with the Dryad Orion ACS recurve)

The 39% of the shoots was left from the vertical center line of the FITA face, the 5% was on the vertical center line and the 56% was right from the vertical center line...

I would ask you, should I weaken the wire in the plunger? How ? I am left handy.

Thank You in advance !

Zsolt
Old 11-10-2013, 03:50 AM

Zsolt, I'm going to start setting up a rig myself today.

First port of call will be this thread to get the machinery sorted. I'll be using a Best Moon so I'm hoping there will be no alignment problems.

I'll set the BH to a medium position, and use the stiff plunger method to decide which of my already made-up arrows are nearest in spine.

Then I'll probably experiment with BH to see what sounds and shoots best. Then it'll be back to bareshafts and poundage adjustment.

In your case given the spread of the shots I think I'd leave the plunger pressure at medium and see what changing the BH does. Later it would be bareshafts to tune.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at. - lbg

Most people practice their shooting instead of using the act of shooting to practice their concentration. Joel Turner.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:45 AM

Thanks Grey !

My BH is 8,5". What is your oppininon what should I do ? I should go higer ?

Best Regards:

Zsolt
Old 11-10-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutusz View Post

But in 2015 Hungary will held the IFAA 3d Bowhunter World Cup, and by then I want to shot well in the IFAA Bowhuntung Recurve class...

Best Regards !

Zsolt
I'm pretty sure we will shoot that Bowhunter tourney in 2015, we has such a great time in Hungary at EFAC13 this year.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:16 AM

Zsolt, I'd start at the lowest recommended BH for your limbs and shoot groups, keep a constant aiming point. Ignore poor shots or obvious flyers. Measure the group width and note it down against the BH. Also make a note of how the bow sounds and how high the group is. Ignore left and right positions as you're adjusting centreshot and dynamic spine also.
Add a few twists to go up 5mm, (using an adjustable string nock locator) re-adjust nock height to it's original position and repeat. Continue to the highest recommended BH.

What you're looking for is a quiet bow, a narrow group and perhaps a high group.

You may find more than one BH at which this happens. If this happens repeat shooting for groups at both BHs and pick the one that gives the narrowest groups.

This should give you a rough and ready idea of where your BH should be.

BH is a tuning variable so after other tuning is done revisit BH and check the area around where it is set. Adjusting any one variable in tuning a bow seems to impact on the others but the idea here is to find a good BH and then leave it alone to continue tuning until you come round to it again.

The theory is that BH affects the point where the arrow leaves the string. Where it leaves the 'cleanest', the groups will be narrowest, the noise quietest and the groups highest (speed fastest)............. in theory.
Another method involves testing for speed using a chronometer.

If you don't have documentation with your limbs..............and when do you ever?..... try 215-235mm for a 68" bow or 225-245mm for a 70" bow.

Tags
arrived, bowhunter, ifaa, recurve, rig

Search tags for this page
how to rig a bow and arrow in 3ds max

iffa 3d bowhunter recurve class

lets see your recurve rig
what is bow hunter recurve class
Click on a term to search for related topics.