Go Back   TradTalk Forums > Main Category > TradTalk Main Forum

Old 06-04-2019, 05:36 PM

Default Das bamboo core longbow limbs 3 rivers archery

Has anyone tried these ? They look good and only $150.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remove Ads
Old 06-04-2019, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Das bamboo core longbow limbs 3 rivers archery

Owned some bamboo-core recurve limbs, fast and smooth. Not sure about LB limbs but I bet they ain't dogs.

If I quit, them b*'s win.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana C View Post
Owned some bamboo-core recurve limbs, fast and smooth. Not sure about LB limbs but I bet they ain't dogs.

I have only heard good about bamboo cores ,I love my Das but I want a longbow this could be my ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-23-2019, 05:46 PM

Hunting Bow: Howard Hill Wesley Special

Bamboo is an amazing material. It’s renewable, grows like crazy, and has fantastic tensile strength. I have two bamboo laminate bows, a longbow I build from a bamboo-over-hickory blank and a Howard Hill Wesley Special.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:26 AM

It been serval months now.. anybody else had any experience with these limbs?

They were 150$, and on back order so I know some of you fellas snagged a set or 10!
Old 11-11-2019, 08:06 AM

I have a set of xl 45#'s on a homemade riser. For the money, they are excellent in my opinion.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:58 AM

I just got some in trade they are awesome limbs for the money. Mine are a little stout at my draw but I could see myself getting some lighter ones to try
Old 11-13-2019, 04:57 PM

May have been mentioned in a historic post.....but who makes them? Doesn't really matter to me just curious. And also anyone shooting them on a das 17 incher?
Old 11-13-2019, 07:14 PM

I got a set of longs, marked [email protected], came out [email protected] on my Galaxy Sear 17" riser.

Got another set, XL marked [email protected], [email protected] on the same riser.

Nice limbs.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:56 AM

I'm playing with a pair of Bosen double carbon bamboo (45#@28 on 17" L) longbow limbs on a 19" Mamba riser. 1st bamboo core limbs I've owned and they seem to like the arrows I use on my 50# set up without too much adapting. They weren't $150 but also weren't $400.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayO View Post
May have been mentioned in a historic post.....but who makes them? Doesn't really matter to me just curious. And also anyone shooting them on a das 17 incher?
Last time it was Sky Archery, rebadged under the 3R name.

Everytime I look at the on sale limbs at 3R, they're usually 55# or 60# limbs, so not for me!!
Old 11-24-2019, 11:47 AM

Anyone else have experience with these limbs? I'm looking for something in the 45-50#range @30 on a 19" riser (Hoyt Dorado).

I'm very seriously thinking about buying myself and early holiday present but want to make sure I can hit the weight range. I have recurve limbs now, 51#@30" on that riser, that shoot great but I've always wanted to try long bow limbs.

Anyone with a longer draw tried these on a 19" riser?
Old 11-25-2019, 02:18 PM

I have a Long set of these in 45# on a 21" Junxing F166 riser, 66" bow length. They are excellent.

I recently chrono tested and got 183-192 FPS with a 407 grain arrow, string was a 60x Fast Flight. But that gave me a brace height of almost 9". I tried a few different strings and settled on a 3Rivers Fast Flight Flemish Twist 62" string to get a brace height of 7.25"

I am now trying to tune this set up for a 15 yd fixed crawl. Any advice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F166 with DAS Bamboo Long Longbow.jpg (133.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg F166 on Draw Board.jpg (77.6 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Paul Fithian; 11-25-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Fithian View Post
I have a Long set of these in 45# on a 21" Junxing F166 riser, 66" bow length. They are excellent.

I recently chrono tested and got 183-192 FPS with a 407 grain arrow. I tried a few different strings and settled on a Fast Flight Flemish Twist 62" string to get the proper brace height of 7.25"

I am now trying to tune this set up for a 15 yd fixed crawl. Any advice?
Paul, welcome to tad talk!

I can't quite read the scale in your photo but does it say 48.2pounds? These limbs are rated 45# on a 17" riser at 28" Draw length. Those should be about 41# on your 21"riser. Either I'm not reading your scale right or something is weird there. For consistently comparing with other people and equipment you should generally measure draw length from the back of the riser at the shelf, it looks like your measuring from the rest bump or plunger hole instead, such will technically give you about an inch longer draw than amo standards. Not a big deal for the individual (unless your trying to blindly pick an arrow spine) but it does impact how we can compare different equipment.

If it's easy can you measure what your limbs weight at 28, 30, and 31 inches? More lengths if you want, but I'm really curious how much these limbs gain with longer draws. Seems like these limbs gain a bit more than most at longer draw lengths. The very few mentions I've seen on the net suggest 7-8 pound increase from 28 to 30 inches while most gain 5-6 pounds in those two inches. Now the limb pad angle of those risers seems to scale limbs a bit heavy, at least from the few threads I've seen about them. My draw is about 30.5 and I'm trying to figure out what weight to buy to hit my specific needs with a longer draw.

As for setting up for a fixed crawl, I use a 25yd crawl. I start with arrows that are tuned close for 3 under, then find my crawl that hits vertically correct for 25, in your case 15, and continue tuning bare shafts compared to fletched to dial in the tune and arrow for that exact crawl.
15yd is a long crawl with a heavier bow so once you start tuning for that crawl you will notice your arrows more stiff than at just 3 under. I start up against the arrow as it eliminates some of the bows instability that you'd have at a longer crawl, making it easier to get a tune closer to start.

I personally find a 15 yard crawl a bit long for my use (mostly hunting) and like a 20-25yd crawl. A longer point on also destabilizes the bow a bit less and is a touch more forgiving to shoot. In my experience a 15yd crawl is more than 2x further down the string than a 20 and I find it very "instinctive" to gap closer than 20 but harder at longer yardages.

With a long crawl for short yardages with a heavier bow, long arrows are very much going to be your friend to get a point on that close.

But whatever your needs, I find running a fixed crawl easiest if I start with arrows that are close 3 under, then find my crawl and fine tune further to that specific crawl.

Last edited by deepwater; 11-25-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:03 AM

Yes, the scale reads 48.2 lbs. But that is at 29.75" draw length.

On closer inspection, this draw board is measuring from the pivot point to the nock, measuring 28". But we need to add 1.75" to get AMO draw length.

My intention on these limbs was to get just under 45 lb draw weight at 29" draw length that my compound is set to. These are rated at 45 lb for a 62" bow, 17" riser. I subtract 1 lb/inch per increase in bow length, so 45 lb on a 17" riser should be 41 lb on a 21" riser at AMO 28" draw length.

But I also get an increase at my 29" draw length, so I should be under 45 lb with this setup. Rough measurements with a luggage scale when I draw the bow show I'm pulling 42-43 lbs. It feels right in terms of draw weight at my 29" draw.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to set nock and crawl distance to get a point on of 15 yds with good arrow flight. Some paper tuning tests last week, using a D-Loop and hinge release, revealed horrible bare shaft nock high at a 20 yd crawl distance. This was after tuning to get a nice round hole with a bare shaft without a crawl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fixed crawl 20 yd with release.jpg (197.6 KB, 26 views)

Tags
archery, bamboo, core, das, limbs, longbow, rivers

Search tags for this page

das or bosen limbs

Click on a term to search for related topics.