Register Now!
Patron Membership
Board Menu
» Help

Go Back   TradTalk Forums > Main Category > TradTalk Main Forum

Old 06-29-2020, 04:44 PM
finger shooter

Default DAS 3Rivers bamboo core LB limbs

Ok, Steve goaded me into buying a set to try. Ordered a set of XL 45# limbs as I will be using them on a Dalaa 21, my Das Elite and the Tribute. My goal was to be about [email protected] and hit around 44-45 at my 30.5” DL. They came in today, by the way super quick free shipping.

First test is on the DAS Dalaa Nat Gear riser (21”)... by the way a great riser. So 21” riser and XL limbs gives me a 68” bow. I dug through all my strings, not a 65” not in use ..... so grab out the 8125 and make an 18 strand endless loop string. String up the bow, set nock set at 3/4”, set BH to 7.75” and check poundage. On my draw board with my scale... at 1.5 turns out on the tiller bolts:

28” I hit 39.07# and 44.5 at my DL. Sweet. Cranked down it should be over 45 at my DL. Grab some 500 spine beman ICS hunters with 125 gr tip that are cut to 30”. About 4” weak. Grab some 400 Ultralites with 100 gr tips at 30”... about an inch stiff. So tunable.

First reactions, quiet, smooth draw but started to stack a bit at 30”... from 30-30.5” poundage jumped. I need to retest but memory I think it went up 1.2#. Didn’t setup my chrono but the Bemans are 420 Gr and appeared pretty quick, even the extremely heavy Grizzly Stiks with 175gr tips (over 600 gr arrow) was no slouch. Tomorrow I’ll setup my chrono. Just as a reference I shot my hunting setup at 48# on the Tribute just to compare.. it’s close.

So first impression is very darn good product, I normally wouldn’t buy “cheap” limbs, but these are very nice so far. Quality looks good. Let the testing continue.

Last edited by rsarns; 06-29-2020 at 06:23 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rsarns For This Useful Post:
Daniel L (06-29-2020), gillchaser (06-29-2020), Larry Hatfield (06-29-2020), Locomo (06-29-2020), p508 (06-29-2020), Phil Magistro (06-29-2020), Steve (06-29-2020)
Remove Ads
Old 06-29-2020, 06:23 PM
finger shooter

Default Re: DAS 3Rivers bamboo core LB limbs

Oh and no noodling!
The Following User Says Thank You to rsarns For This Useful Post:
stevelong (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 06:43 PM

I find it interesting that you started out with 1.5 turns out and found them to be quick .I bought a pair 2 months ago and put them on a Tradtech Pinnacle II riser which has a lot of deflex and was 3 turns out- they seemed sluggish and I put the limbs aside.

A few weeks ago I bought a 19" Gillo Ghost on clearance and tried the limbs on that- they acted like a totally different pair . The Ghost has nowhere as much deflex at the pads as the Tradtech. Then I cranked down the Pinnacle riser to 1.5 turns out - put them on it and the limbs came alive - now I can't get enough of shooting them-
Bottom line is if the limb pad angle is too high you wont get the best out of them-they seem to like being cranked down- at least in my experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to p508 For This Useful Post:
rsarns (06-29-2020)

Old 06-29-2020, 07:15 PM
finger shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p508 View Post
I find it interesting that you started out with 1.5 turns out and found them to be quick .I bought a pair 2 months ago and put them on a Tradtech Pinnacle II riser which has a lot of deflex and was 3 turns out- they seemed sluggish and I put the limbs aside.

A few weeks ago I bought a 19" Gillo Ghost on clearance and tried the limbs on that- they acted like a totally different pair . The Ghost has nowhere as much deflex at the pads as the Tradtech. Then I cranked down the Pinnacle riser to 1.5 turns out - put them on it and the limbs came alive - now I can't get enough of shooting them-
Bottom line is if the limb pad angle is too high you wont get the best out of them-they seem to like being cranked down- at least in my experience.
Kind of guesstimated it would be close to my goal poundage. I normally start at mid point of 3 turns out on other risers.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:31 PM

good job REN glad they're going to work out for you. I look forward to your more testing & thoughts.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:25 AM

At these prices, obviously not made in USA. But seems like they offer good value and decent performance... it's a rare thing to find ILF long bow limbs that don't cost $300.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:39 AM

I recently picked up a das dalaa 17", they came with the das carbon foam core limbs and i really like them, fast and quiet.
The Following User Says Thank You to mooshkat For This Useful Post:
rsarns (06-30-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 05:46 AM
finger shooter

Setup my chrono yesterday to start testing... D E D Dead. Put new battery, nothing. After 7-8 years of faithful service it went belly up. New one on order from Uncle Rob (just kidding) at Lancaster. Lol. It’ll be here after the weekend, going up to our hunting property to fill feeders and do some work anyway. We will take my Dalaa and my heavy hunting limbs and both my wife and my AR10’s for a bit of hog chasing. Probably won’t do any good as feeders been empty for a while. That is provided my truck gets back from the shop in time. Lol.

Tags
3rivers, bamboo, core, das, limbs