Patron Membership
Board Menu
» Help

Go Back   TradTalk Forums > Main Category > TradTalk Main Forum

Old 08-01-2020, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Talk me into a tribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Holquist View Post
Your gaps will get much more consistent with methodical practice, just give it time. Try starting at 5 yards and shoot a group, then step back 5 yards and repeat, doing this until you reach your point-on.

If you have any aspirations to ever use your riser in competition, scribed lines are not permitted. Besides, why ruin the resale value of your riser? If you must have some sort of temporary reference, maybe apply a strip of masking tape and make your marks on that?
Thats what I have now.
Marked up a piece of tape. Just got to thinking some white paint pen or scribe would make for a little cleaner.
Id think the tribute may be disqualified for comp. due to the machined lines for center shot.
Shot the field course, with a guy this Friday. I think I will get into some events. Probably shoot my satori or JCA riser though, or pick up a 27 riser. Shooting a 72 bow sure felt nice.
I wont ever sell the tribute. Itll be wearing spray paint real soon. This here seems about the most perfect hunting set up I could ever dream of besides a wood bow.
I notice the 2 guys I shot with anchor much higher. This gave them a much closer point on and many more references, ie plunger, shelf , wire rest for gap shooting. I may have to try and move up with anchor. My jaw line and thumb are just what comes natural when settling in
Remove Ads
Old 08-01-2020, 05:45 PM

What kind of point on do the rest of you work with? If I could get around 30 yards I think Id be in much better shape. With a 48 yard point on all my shots in the woods are way up in space.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelong View Post
Barge cement is a rubbery good glue that might work well for sticking the beaver tail on your grip and Barge cement is not damaging the riser finish, can remove fairly easily.
I found Big Jims youtube video showing how he does so using the barge . I think I will follow along with your advice.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:20 PM

Any idea on plunger length?
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Hopefully the beaver tail shows up soon. Excited for that project. Been back and forth a few times and shooting off the riser is much more consistent. Although square is not a natural position of my hand. Used some sugru to bring the arrow side to a point and build a slightly higher wrist. Got it trimmed up and a sharp edge for hand reference. Real happy

Got calf hair on the shelf that looks sharp and negates any arrow noise.

Been trying to cut weight. Crazy how unstable the bow feels without something. Ive settled into a 4” stab with 6oz without the internal weight.
Got my new max 6s on 51# at 31” on a 19 and realized Im a sissy. Still have to have limb bolts backed almost all the way out to feel right. .120 positive tiller and 7” brace w/ a .375 crawl for good anchors has me at 45yard point on with 620 grain finished arrow.

My gapping sucks and is not consistent enough for me to hit the woods so I added a pin. Kind of embarrassing . It will be gone by next year.
Got a beiter plunger on the way but may not run it as this free flyte has proven sufficient.
Also found an eagle flight 4 arrow strap on.
Real close to finished and ready. There was a bite to the air this morning and I can not even put into words how excited I am to watch the sunrise in the elk woods next month with this rig.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Hopefully the beaver tail transfers the ergo of this grip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7D0ACC51-A2E7-4114-A7E1-028F866CFACD.jpeg (2.08 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg 80732DE1-00EC-498F-AFF9-F8F1AEA1C7F5.jpeg (1.95 MB, 9 views)
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
Spearhead

Hunting Bow: DAS Tribute, 64” PMA B/W ebony
3D Bow: See above
Outdoor Target Bow: Luxor, Sky TR7
Indoor Target Bow: Stolid bull vanquish/Border Tempist

As much center shot the tribute is I would opt for a standard length plunger, no stubby. Beaver tail should conform well around your riser and shim.
Looks like your figuring out how you want the bow.
Yeah itís been brisk a few nights here and gives me the itch also.

Chad
The Following User Says Thank You to Coodster For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM

Hunting Bow: Morrison Phx with Blackmax wood / carbon
3D Bow: Same as hunting bow

Nothing to be embarrassed about, putting a sight pin on your bow if that makes you ready for this hunting season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fozziebear For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (Yesterday)

Tags
talk, tribute