Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Patron Membership
Board Menu
» Help

Go Back   TradTalk Forums > Main Category > TradTalk Main Forum

Old 07-11-2020, 09:57 AM

Default Talk me into a tribute.

Im trying to get into as many risers as I can. Read every thread I can find.
Im a longer draw guy and have only had 21Ē risers.
I really like the looks of the tribute and das connection has me interested. Perfectly willing to press em into my max 6s to give em a go.
Remove Ads
Old 07-11-2020, 10:05 AM
Civil but Disobedient

Outdoor Target Bow: Bernardini Luxor with Border HEX6 limbs
Default Re: Talk me into a tribute.

Sound like you need a 25 inch riser so you can experience long draw smooth, and high performance...or better yet, 27 inches. Or maybe that 29 inch CD riser.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hank D Thoreau For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (07-11-2020), wdw52001 (07-20-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank D Thoreau View Post
Sound like you need a 25 inch riser so you can experience long draw smooth, and high performance...or better yet, 27 inches. Or maybe that 29 inch CD riser.
Im open to that. My compound archery experience went from 0-100 fast once I got a ďtargetĒ length riser
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt flint For This Useful Post:
wdw52001 (07-20-2020)

Old 07-11-2020, 10:07 AM

Those cd risers are freakin beautiful. Dang things are spendy though
Old 07-11-2020, 10:20 AM
Civil but Disobedient

Outdoor Target Bow: Bernardini Luxor with Border HEX6 limbs

They also feel like anvils. They are great if you can handle the weight. Very stable. I don't have the arm strength or joint health for it. I bet I would shoot better with it, until I became too tired to shoot.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:01 PM

Hunting Bow: Das Gen 1 Border Hex 6 S
3D Bow: Das Gen 1 Border Hex 6 S

I am a 31" draw. I hunt with a DAS 17" with XL limbs to make a 64" bow. I have a Tribute which has longs on it for a 64" bow and a 21" DAS with mediums to also make a 64" bow. I have no problem with these lengths on these risers and like them all.

I am not a target shooter other than practicing for hunting. I would imagine if you are a target archer you would want a longer riser.

I think the Tribute would make a good hunting rig too. I have to say I really like my 21" DAS with medium limbs, but I am not going to hunt with it.

Gil
The Following User Says Thank You to GilV For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank D Thoreau View Post
They also feel like anvils. They are great if you can handle the weight. Very stable. I don't have the arm strength or joint health for it. I bet I would shoot better with it, until I became too tired to shoot.
I notice the weight in this new riser. Really settles in but also notice that yesterday I was not used to holding more mass out.
When ordering new limbs from morisson I asked about xls. Due to that I absolutely want to get myself into every size bow. Was told that Xl was doable but Id most likely have more noise coming from xl limbs so opted for longs. That made the choice for me as I am a hunter before all else. I ordered them to hold 55# at 31Ē. When speaking with them about running a shorter riser I was told I should be able to run a 19Ē without much stacking with my current limbs(46#).
When I look over trad lab bow testing I see a 10db drop in limbs they put the das connections in. Then hear in threads folks claim quieter bows with das. That is appealing. Then that tribute it just looks cool. If I follow things correctly Tradtalk has a very very passionate connection to das bows. I think due to the inception happening on this forum? Having recognized that, I try and keep in mind that potential bias when reading threads. With that in mind I still cant help but to feel a pull. In my very short time with trad equipment I have gleaned a giant amOunt of info from this forum so in turn have started to look up to folks on here.
So I feel I could throw my 46# longs on a tribute. Possibly run off the shelf with a plunger. In turn add some tuning options and simplify my set up. The mass of it would hopefully balance out great but end up less overall than my 21Ē risers.
The only fear I have Hank hit. Will that 2Ē less height have a negative impact on my consistency?
Old 07-11-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilV View Post
I am a 31" draw. I hunt with a DAS 17" with XL limbs to make a 64" bow. I have a Tribute which has longs on it for a 64" bow and a 21" DAS with mediums to also make a 64" bow. I have no problem with these lengths on these risers and like them all.

I am not a target shooter other than practicing for hunting. I would imagine if you are a target archer you would want a longer riser.

I think the Tribute would make a good hunting rig too. I have to say I really like my 21" DAS with medium limbs, but I am not going to hunt with it.

Gil
That is reassuring.
As much as hitting shoots and doing some 3d or other competitions sounds cool. My social anxiety keeps me from crowds. If some day I decide to be competitive I will do so with a rig that will come to the woods Also
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt flint For This Useful Post:
wdw52001 (07-20-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 12:42 PM

I shoot XLs and my DAS is dead silent. I have shot both XL Dryad and XL border and they are dead silent. I have limb savers on and I heterodyne the string with cat whiskers. I would rather my bow be quiet than fast. The limbs above are both with XLs.

My DAS bows are all quiet. I have had some ILF bows that were very loud. I like the more positive connection with DAS. Once I converted from longbows to a recurve that could have inter changeable limbs I started with ILF but wound up with DAS.

Good luck
Gil
Matt flint (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Spearhead

Hunting Bow: DAS Tribute, 64” PMA B/W ebony
3D Bow: See above
Outdoor Target Bow: Luxor, Sky TR7
Indoor Target Bow: Stolid bull vanquish/Border Tempist

Yep a 31Ē amo draw here also.
I have two DAS tributes, I will be the very first to say I am biased. What David did with the gen 1 and hunter was a huge step in archery, Iíll also mention Bob Gordon with the Warf.
When David made the gen 1 and hunters risers I couldnít swing the money at that time, elites were the same but I was primarily a hunter so the elite seemed to much target.
Now fast forward 15-18 years
My form has improved and my draw is longer than what I used to shoot, even more target archer than hunter, but I still love to get out and put a stalk on an elk or deer even buffalo.
Rasyad and 3rivers made the tribute as itís namesake. What got me was itís 19Ē and not 17Ē.
I can make 19Ē work with longs or extra longs.
64Ē and 66Ē is very comfortable at my draw with both. I prefer the xl limbs tho the longs donít hit my legal hunting weight so they are a 3D limb.
I hope to catch borders limb sale and snag some xl limbs next year. Iím currently shooting dryad xl limbs and they do the job very nicely without stack at 31Ē.

Iíve managed to convince some people to trade and Sell some bows they will later regret lol.
Have the first production tribute that went to David, then later picked up the Second prototype Of the tribute.
Yeah I like them a tad. The das conection is a Hoyt variant and itís a great connection. Ilf can be made that quiet also but itís easy with the das.
Something that people donít realize is it has some mass to it.
Anton on here makes a great reproduction brass weight around 8-9 Oz that balance the tribute very well and some dual internal weights to the riser that are superb.
Grip selection can be hard to come by if you donít like what 3rivers offers.
I bought the only Jager full grip for the tribute when they first came out. Not enough demand is what Paul told me.
A beaver tail cover of the riser is awesome, I still prefer a wood grip and made one for my tribute.
More will come but have to get back to work.

Chad
The Following User Says Thank You to Coodster For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 02:12 PM
Bart Harmeling

Here's a link to a very long thread (54 pages) that tracks the development of the Tribute riser. You may have already read through this or part of it, but I thought I'd provide the link just in case you or someone else has interest.

https://tradtalk.com/forums/showthre...hlight=Tribute

I have a Tribute, one of the original batch. There are some unique characteristics that it has. While it offers the option of ILF or DAS connection, it is the only riser that I know of that has LLA with the DAS option. I've never used LLA in my life, but this system is very robust and while allowing for adjustment, guys like me can be assured that it isn't going to come apart at a critical time.

Another characteristic that is unique as compared to the other DAS models and probably risers in general is that the limb bolt is pressed into the riser. A stainless nut moves up and down the bolt to provide adjustment of tiller and preload. The riser came with a special wrench to fit the nut and the nut has locking screws to make sure it doesn't move once secured.

The riser also comes with a removable hump and strike button that lets you shoot off the shelf. The riser is cut well past center so you can use just about any rest you want.

As with the Gen 1 & 2 risers, there is an integrated weight.

The riser is drilled and tapped for accessories. There are upper and lower holes that can be used to mount a quiver, and holes to attach a bracket used for ATA accessories.

Not much to choose from when it comes to grip selection. Some like to shoot it without a grip, but as far as I know there is only one grip for the Tribute. Works well for me.

Aesthetically I think it is one of the best looking risers you can buy. My only personal dislike is the shelf seems oversized and extends further than what is needed. If you read through the development thread, I think you'll see there was a reason for the shelf being as produced.

I have a 31" draw. I shoot long Uukha limbs on the Tribute and long Dryad Epics on my 17" Gen 1. I've found that setting the limbs at minimum preload helps promote a smooth draw at 31". I'm a hunter and value a more compact bow. As Gil said, all my DAS bows are quiet. I love shooting them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuthatch For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (07-11-2020), wdw52001 (07-20-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coodster View Post
Yep a 31Ē amo draw here also.
I have two DAS tributes, I will be the very first to say I am biased. What David did with the gen 1 and hunter was a huge step in archery, Iíll also mention Bob Gordon with the Warf.
When David made the gen 1 and hunters risers I couldnít swing the money at that time, elites were the same but I was primarily a hunter so the elite seemed to much target.
Now fast forward 15-18 years
My form has improved and my draw is longer than what I used to shoot, even more target archer than hunter, but I still love to get out and put a stalk on an elk or deer even buffalo.
Rasyad and 3rivers made the tribute as itís namesake. What got me was itís 19Ē and not 17Ē.
I can make 19Ē work with longs or extra longs.
64Ē and 66Ē is very comfortable at my draw with both. I prefer the xl limbs tho the longs donít hit my legal hunting weight so they are a 3D limb.
I hope to catch borders limb sale and snag some xl limbs next year. Iím currently shooting dryad xl limbs and they do the job very nicely without stack at 31Ē.

Iíve managed to convince some people to trade and Sell some bows they will later regret lol.
Have the first production tribute that went to David, then later picked up the Second prototype Of the tribute.
Yeah I like them a tad. The das conection is a Hoyt variant and itís a great connection. Ilf can be made that quiet also but itís easy with the das.
Something that people donít realize is it has some mass to it.
Anton on here makes a great reproduction brass weight around 8-9 Oz that balance the tribute very well and some dual internal weights to the riser that are superb.
Grip selection can be hard to come by if you donít like what 3rivers offers.
I bought the only Jager full grip for the tribute when they first came out. Not enough demand is what Paul told me.
A beaver tail cover of the riser is awesome, I still prefer a wood grip and made one for my tribute.
More will come but have to get back to work.

Chad
Im a big fan of using sugru to build out a grip to fit my meat mittens. Looks like by the pics not a ton of mass to the grip. I figure on building that out if it does not suit my needs. I do like the idea of beaver tail
I seriously shouldnt be buying another riser right now but I got a tab open with a tribute all ready to order.
Copper lh.
I think that suckers going to be on the way today. I got the itch bad.
Anyone know what bushings Id want for max 6 limbs?
Old 07-11-2020, 03:35 PM

Here is a picture of my Tribute. I had one of the early Tribute originals, but sold it when I hurt my shoulder with many of my bows. I like a camo riser but can't bring myself to camo my original DAS risers, they should remain original. I am going to camo the limbs.

Chad I just missed out on a set of XL Border 7.5H limbs for $450 tyd. They were 46# on a 17". By the time I said I take them they were already sold. They were on Facebook.

Gil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.JPG (35.8 KB, 163 views)
Coodster (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 06:23 PM
Spearhead

Hunting Bow: DAS Tribute, 64” PMA B/W ebony
3D Bow: See above
Outdoor Target Bow: Luxor, Sky TR7
Indoor Target Bow: Stolid bull vanquish/Border Tempist

Side note, I have not tried the 3rivers grip, I prefer a full grip, bare riser is ok also. Just not a selection of Aftermarket grips is all.
The tribute riser is also made to shoot off the bare riser, no sharp edges and rounded.

Chad
The Following User Says Thank You to Coodster For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 06:40 PM

Matt Flint - go buy a Tribute riser.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevelong For This Useful Post:
Matt flint (07-11-2020)

Tags
talk, tribute