Trad Talk Forums banner

Father’s Day / Birthday Gift

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Doofy_13 
#1 · (Edited)
My birthday is this month along with Fathers Day this weekend , so I ordered myself a present .
Thought about a Widow . Always wanted one , but they’re not as versatile as an ILF bow .
Always been a Hoyt fan too .
So, I ordered myself a 19” Hoyt Satori riser . If I can ever build back up to over 30# , I’d like to have a set of Hoyt limbs . But for now it’ll get a set of WNS mediums .
Almost ordered the 21” , but I like the idea of a 60-64”” bow .
I already have a W&W Black Elk in 21” and a few Samick Discovery’s in 17” .
Can’t wait to try it out .

#4 ·
I have the 19. I originally wanted the 17 but didnt want to dish out full price and no good deals on a 17 showed up in the classifieds for a while. After a couple months of watching a 19 popped up for $270 so I jumped on it.

I put medium 45# TT wood glass limbs on it and couldnt be happier. Shoots quick and Im very happy with it. In the end...Im happy I got the 19 and wouldnt trade it for anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Thanks for posting your Satori specs .
I own several White Feather wood risers , but I shoot my metal riser bows better and they feel better during the shot .
So I thought I’d get what I think is one of the better metal ILF risers , a Hoyt .
I don’t know anything about a Das . But I do know Hoyt and have never been disappointed in their products.
Just before I gave up shooting about ten years ago , my favorite was a Hoyt Excel .
From what I’ve read the Satori is better than what the Excel was .

#6 ·
Just to clarify.
I wasn’t “dissing” the Das , I just don’t know anything about them except what I’ve read .
One thing is there seems to be two types of limb systems , one of which doesn’t accept ILF limbs .
At least that’s what I thought was the case .
If I continue on my course I’m on , I’ll probably own one of those some day . :)

#7 ·
haha you were lookin' for the UNDO button, weren't you.
I used to reply a lot quicker than now, since they took away out DELETE capability.
DAS uses same ILF limbs your ILF risers use, we just push out one fitting and push in another.
Bet you are stoked waiting on unwrapping your HOYT and setting it up. NICE.

Reactions: gillchaser
#8 ·
At the time that I'm posting this , I still have the ability to edit my previous post .
But I left it in to let folks know I did consider the Das riser . But it looks like they are offered in 15", 17" and 21" . No 19" .
I have a few 17" and a couple of W&W 21" .
My 19"ers are wood and composite White Feather risers .
A 15" Das might be cool to have . I'll keep my eye out for a used one ....... uh , next month.
Although my bow wall rack is full for the first time in ten years . :)

#13 ·
Mine is supposed to be delivered Tuesday .
I’ve got few limbs on hand I can try until the ones I’ve ordered specifically for the Satori arrive .
They’re on special order and are supposed to ship next Friday .
They’re special order but not particularly special . Some Medium inexpensive WNS limbs .
I’ll probably try out my Samick Discovery foam core limbs on it until the others arrive.
We need ( or rather , I’d like to see ) a Satori picture thread .
“Like a show me you Satori “
Would love to see some setups

#14 · (Edited)
I got my Hoyt Satori riser today , it came a day early .
We’re experiencing off and on thundershowers this afternoon, so as soon as I unboxed it , I slide some long Samick Discovery limbs on it , and set it up using a Velcro shelf and side plate with a piece of wood I cut and split from an elm branch from a tree in the yard .
I like using split branches to move my side plate out . I can vary the size according to the size of the branch .
The riser , out of the box , felt heavy too me . Once I got it strung up , it felt better . I’m glad I didn’t go with the 21” .
I got to shoot a few arrows in my hot , humid driveway between showers . My first two arrows from 15 yards were dead center touching . The bow shot smooth but felt a little heavy for me for now .
A quick check on my bow scale and the bow is pulling 4-5# heavy for me .
I swapped the limbs out for some WNS Carbon/foam longs , set tiller and shot a few more arrows . Felt better .
The pull weight now is only a couple pounds over what I’ve been shooting. I may be able to back the limbs out a couple more turns and get it closer to what my drawing hand‘s fingers are use to .
But the riser points and shoots great .
I think It’s the beginning of a new love affair.
If the rain is gone once the sun gets off the driveway, I’m going shoot a few more arrows this evening.

#15 ·
Got a few minutes between showers to shoot a few more arrows out of the Satori.
I think this may be the most accurate bow I own .
I must have hit the jackpot with my setup.
What surprised me is I shot three different arrows and they all grouped for me at 18 yards .
29.5” 2016’s , 30” 1816’s , and some Gold Tip 600 Traditionals. . The 1816’s and the GT 600’s were zipping out of it .
Love the grip !

#18 ·
I doubt it . I used to shoot with a quiver attached . But now prefer shooting without one .
I still have several bow quivers that would be easy to adapt to the riser . I wouldn't mind having a 17" if I decide to try and hunt again .
I hunted with a quiver . I made a camo bag with a drawstring to cover my fletchings .
One , I didn't want to be waving brightly colored feathers around trying draw , and I didn't want to be walking through the woods with a quiver full of white feathers while hunting on public land .
I'll try to remember to snap a pic tomorrow if the rain showers let me shoot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.