Trad Talk Forums banner

All Around Barebow Target Arrow

16K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Hank D Thoreau 
#1 ·
Thinking about building some new barebow target arrows, and I'd like something that I can use year round for 3D, field, and indoor. Pulling about 36# at 27.5" draw length on a 25" riser with medium BlackMax2.0 carbon/woods.

Any recommendations for shaft, point weight, and fletching?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#33 ·
Im going to throw in a Black Eagle Zombie Slayer. They are 32" long and very light. I shoot a 32" .500 with 125 grains up front with my 40# 3D setup. Comes in at 370 grains total weight. They come in .001 and .003 straightness. I use the .003 because I am not good enough to know the difference lol. I like a LONG LIGHT arrow. I can use this same setup for indoor and just crawl down the string about 3/4".

#34 ·
Adding to what I sent in my PM, I am attaching a chart I put together that shows the number of shots at each distance for a combined field and hunter round. The distances are set up for 14 targets each and repeat for the second 14 in a round. Some tournaments do only 14 targets of each in one day (along with an animal round), others double it and do 28 targets each, usually over two days. A full NFAA round is 28 targets of each. Double what you see on the graph if you are shooting a full round. The cumulative line shows the number of cumulative shots from the distance in question and down. There are a 112 total. This line can help you understand how to optimize your bow so you do not sacrifice shorter shots to try to get good sight points at the longer, harder to score shots. This chart does not include target size. There are some distances that you have larger and smaller target size options for. A longer shot with a smaller target can be pretty difficult.

Click on the picture to expand. I do not know how to post pictures without having to do this since Photobucket stopped hosting for free.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.