Trad Talk Forums banner

Big Foot Bows - Kirk Lavender

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  gestacyrille 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a couple of bows coming from Kirk after a member here recommended him and his work very highly. Kirk is a wonderful human being, in speaking to him about my selection and galaxy sized gaps of knowledge he's spent tons of time with me guiding and educating along the way. I have two very special bows with gorgeous woods on the way - Hybrid SS Longbows 55# @28"

I'd love to see some of your Big Foot bows and hear your thoughts on his bows. Don't seem to come across his work too often online.

Cheers
Bijan

#6 ·
2 other Sasquatch special from hunting buddies here in France
The dark one belongs to Theo the current French 3D champ 2019 and 2020
The cocobolo action wood one killed a roe deer only few hours after the postman delivered it to Cyrille. Fastest first blood ever!

Attachments

#7 ·
You can find him over on TradArchers site. He posts in the bowyers forum. He’s busy working on a new product. Some years back I bought a set of Bare limbs from him, an experiment he was doing. Still use them but the weight is getting to me. When I talked to him I always felt like I was a friend more so than a customer.

#14 ·
Kirk took a break from full time bow building when offered a job position he could not turn down. Glad to hear he is back to building. Have owned his hybrid, an ss and stealth. Like an idiot passed them on. Excellent performers and lookers. A true custom builder. Worked with him on special builds and he always came thru in spades. Need to get back on build list. I don't think you will be disappointed Bijan.

#15 ·
Thanks guys - some lovely looking bows there. The Black and White Ebony is something else...

I can't wait to see how the SS Hybrid Longbow performs. This will become my go-to hunting bow I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.