2009 Field season [Archive] - TradTalk Forums

: 2009 Field season

Glynn Sluder
04-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Well it's time to get started with this years season. Tuesday we will start our club's 15 week long Field league. We take the best ten rounds for average or any ten you can make it to. Half Hunter, half Field.

This coming weekend there is also a Field shoot at a club about 3 hours away. It's not a sanctioned one, but I really want to go try my hand on a different course and with some shoot nerves thrown into the mix to see how I'll do. Looking forward to that. Hunter round on Sat., Field Sun.

I have shot 5 practice rounds so far over the last couple of weeks. Last year I averaged a 192 for 14, getting there in the last part of the league by shooting some 200+ rounds. Since starting to play this game several years ago I typically shoot some great rounds first thing in the spring and then fall back a ways and steadily climb back to that point by the end of summer.:sbrug:

The first two rounds I shot the same day, starting with a 166 and then a 186, next time out a 197. A few days later a 200 and then a 182.

I was hoping to hold my 190 ground over the winter with lots of indoor shooting and then creep into the 210's so I could be a competitor if I got the itch to shoot the Nat'ls this year. I should know better by now, you have to keep working hard and making the shots just to keep up.

I hope we get some folks on here to share their Field experiences and encourage each other. I know Desert Archer will be along and be a giant asset when he gets the green light from his Doc. 10 days?!

It is such a fun and challenging game.

steve morley
04-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Shot first Field practice round today ready for shoot this weekend, first half was 175 then Katrin came round with me taking the baby round course with us in buggy, he was awake and crying and took turns to keep him quiet during shooting, this really killed my focus and only shot 148 second half, I'll be glad when he's old enough to have his own Bow. lol

Don't know how we will do at weekend if he's awake the whole time. :confused:

Eaglearcher
04-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Dont worry Steve. It only seems like yesterday when i was pushing my girl around in a buggy and now shes 12!!
Seriously, we never had a problem with her going round the course but we had an all terrain buggy like the one below. Im sure that it helped to keep her quiet on the bumpier courses.

steve morley
04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the tip we're have something suitable, just being so young when he wakes up he wants food ASAP.

Will bring him to EFAC09 in Wales but he wont be going around the course with us, lucky really as we might lose him if we put him down lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/stevemorley5/baby368.jpg

SteveGabriel
04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Nice score, Steve!

steve morley
05-04-2009, 10:32 AM
didn't shoot so well on the Field round last week, think it was more to do with planting 200 Trees the day before, just killed the feel of back tension. I've been working really hard on my unmarked shooting, mainly 3D in preps for Yankton, did a 28 unmarked Animal round this weekend in the grounds of a Castle some shots from the walls of the Castle, felt my form wasn't working it's best but came in with a nice score 494, 2nd place was 430 and 3rd 408.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/stevemorley5/3castles.jpg

A link to more pics http://public.fotki.com/VIBU/longbow/three-castles-arche-1/