Trad Talk Forums banner

SHOT Show Day 3 Report from Camera Land

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  gr8fuldoug 
#1 ·

SHOT Show Day 3:

I like to try not to make any meetings for the last day (well my last day as I can only be here for 3 days) however, I was so busy the last two days that I still had a few important appointments.

My day began over at Minox. I got to my meeting to find out my friend Thornston from Germany is no longer with the company. The Nat'l sales mgr who I had a meeting with also is no longer with the company. Thankfully Christian, who I've known for many years, was there. We met and discussed us getting a regular supply of ZP5 MR4's as well as access to demos and samples (list to follow).

My next stop was over at Burris. We have never been a big Burris dealer. I think mostly because we don't have anyone to work with other than this great girl in customer service. I was meeting with Phil, who I have spoken with a few times but never met before. What a great guy. We discussed many things, including what scopes are worthy to carry.
Eliminator Laserscope
Xtreme Tactical XTR III
RT6 1-6x24's
Veracity Scopes
We'll be working closely together and will be posting developments soon.

After this I went and met with Nikon to try and see if we, as a Nikon photo dealer, could also become an official Nikon Sports Optics dealer. Once again, I was informed that Nikon has not changed their policy and as a photo dealer we are not permitted to be a hunting dealer. Long story. We carry their Binoculars and LaserForce Rangefinder binoculars.
We can special order any Nikon riflescopes, etc for you so if you are interested please call to discuss it.

I have been speaking with Pulsar lately so I set up an appointment to meet with them. Their products seem impressive so we are now set up with them. We will have to do some research on what units to carry, however, in the mean time if you're interested in their products please give us a call.

A few folks have been asking about Revic so my next stop was with them. I checked out their PMR 428 4-28x56mm riflescope. All I can say is, WOW. Great quality. Totally state of the art.*
"Distance adds variables. When you're shooting at a target that's more than a mile away, obtaining a targeting solution becomes extremely complex. The best way to ensure a satisfying hit is to simplify the process, and that's exactly what the PMR 428 does. The PMR is a whole new way of looking at long-range shooting. When you dial the turret, it calculates the bullet trajectory utilizing a full suite of sensors and an advanced ballistic algorithm-and it calculates the solution in real time. Just dial the elevation turret until the display shows the target range. It's as simple as that!"

It's an afternoon of new possibilities for me. Off to Nightforce I went. We have been attempting to open with Nightforce for a few years. I met with the wonderful lady who I have been speaking with for these past few years. She arranged a meeting with the man with the power to pull the trigger (pun intended) and we had a great chat. I should know shortly the outcome of this. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll let you know.

While waiting for my NF meeting I walked into the Tangent booth and we got to talking. Next thing I know I am in the meeting room, signing up with Tangent and placing an order for their 5-25x56mm Model TT525P Gen 3 scope. They will be a few months before arriving, however, we are accepting pre-orders for these so give a call if you'd like one>
"Tangent Theta 5-25x56mm model TT525P Rifle Telescope is an extreme-range precision sighting instrument for professional marksmen. Designed for heavy field use, Tangent Theta's industry-leading development team has used their extensive experience to optimize and refine it for unfailing ruggedness, mechanical precision and unsurpassed image quality. Elevation and windage mechanisms exhibit precise tactile response and feature a truly TOOL-LESS RE-ZERO® procedure.
Tangent Theta rifle telescopes are built in Canada and are specifically designed and function-tested for long lifecycles in the harshest of environmental conditions"
56mm objective lens
34mm main tube
eleven reticle illumination settings
side parallax adjustment
TOOL-LESS RE-ZERO® feature (patent pending)
non-translating knobs with elevation zero-stop
double-turn elevation with rev indicator
5-25x magnification range
lockable rapid adjusting diopter

I could not wait any longer, my throat was raw from talking all day so off I went to the gelato place and got a Vanilla Bean and Coffee shake. AHHHHHH

My last appointment was with Zeiss
Always great seeing my friends Barton & Tom and catching up. We discussed all types of things, including the new releases:
CONQUEST V4 3-12x44 Z-Plex Reticle (#20) - Capped Elevation Turret - .25 MOA - Fixed Parallax
CONQUEST V4 3-12x44 ZBR-1 Reticle (#91) - Capped Elevation Turret - .25 MOA - Fixed Parallax
CONQUEST V4 4-16x50 ZMOAi-1 Illum. Reticle (#93) - Ext. Elevation Turret - Ballistic Stop - .25 MOA - Parallax Adj. (10 yds - ∞)
I have been very pleased with Zeiss this past year. Their customer service dept is top notch and they have introduced great Riflescopes and Rangefinder Binoculars. Zeiss does not get discussed much in the forums but they should not be overlooked.

Thursday night is friend night at SHOT. I got together with many friends, table for 11, and had a great dinner. We really only see each other once a year here at SHOT so this dinner has become a tradition.

If I can answer anything for you, as always, it will be my pleasure. For those of you who took the time to read all of my reports please mention this to me when you place your next order and I'll add a bonus into your shipment. Nice to know that you're taking the time to read the whole thing when I take the time to write it, lol.

As always, thank you for all the support we receive. We are nothing without you, and we know that.
Have a great day

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
516-217-1000

Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.