Trad Talk Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 18 Results
  1. TradTalk Main Forum
    45@28 timed from release to release no historical claims no jumping verification video
  2. TradTalk Main Forum
    no historical claims no lars anderson How to Shoot with Fastest Archery Technique Tutorial - YouTube
  3. TradTalk Main Forum
    Seeing an old medieval device where ropes were twisted to power the projectile has me thinking. Has anyone seen any "bows" designed using coil or torsion springs to launch an arrow? Are flat springs, aka bow limbs the fastest springs or is it just "traditional"?
  4. TradTalk Main Forum
    Those MAX5 are a blast to shoot. At almost 10 gpp ( 453 gn arrow, 46#@28") I was shooting between 192-196 fps. I am certain, that someone with a better release and perhaps a tab instead of glove would easily shoot in the 200 fps. I apologize for the sloppy appearance and the occasional showing...
  5. TradTalk Main Forum
    I was thinking as I read through the Lancaster Classic thread that barebow must be the fastest growing class in archery today. Even a lot of "trad" guys are incorporating rests and plungers in their setup these days, crossing the line into barebow. Does this sound right? Thoughts?
  6. TradTalk Main Forum
    I know this is a loaded question, but I need a set of spare conventional shape recurve ILF limbs to go along with my EBFs. These are for hunting, so I'm not concerned about smoothness or stability, however that's defined. Just pure speed (which relates to KE). Since the field of choice is...
  7. Fitness Forum
    I'm thinking of improving my speed on 100m sprint. Hope you can give me some suitable training routine for the best results. That includes run time, breaks, repetitions etc.
  8. TradTalk Main Forum
    Typical of Katrin, gets phone call this morning and tells customer to come at 12.00 to collect 20 new arrows, leaving me two hours to make them, well I did it, thank god for Fletch Tape :highfive: :)
  9. TradTalk Main Forum
    Many archers around here do not have a chronograph. So i ask you guys that have a chronograph and top quality bows. Whats the fastest bow on a 10GR/LB configuration that you ever shot. Thank you very much. Top Production Bows Speed List: 1-- 62# @28 Belcher Bows Patriot handle SSR recurve limbs...
  10. TradTalk Main Forum
    I know this will be mostly a matter of opinion, but which ILF Limbs, wood/carbon not foam core seems to be the quickest and best shooting? I am considering a hunting bow 21" riser 64" bow around 45-50# @ 28"draw. any recommendations?
  11. TradTalk Main Forum
    I just received four sets of Black Widow PSA limbs for testing. The different limbs will make a PSA bow with 56", 58", 60" or 62" length. They are X-limbs with bocote veneers and actionboo core and are of the same draw weight. I'll test them in the coming days for speed and create f-d curves...
  12. TradTalk Main Forum
    Myself like many others on these trad forums enjoy building my own equipment. A few bowbuilders and myself were thinking of starting a biannual competition to see who can build the fastest trad bow. Now I know speed isn't everything but sometimes it gets tiring to see guys post rediculous...
  13. Watering Hole
    Just saw that DVD last night, man what a good movie. Anthony Hopkins plays Burt Munro, an old coot from New Zealand that brings his 1928 Indian Motorcyle to the Bonneville Salt Flats (I think it took place in the late 60's) Based on a true story Hank
  14. Watering Hole
    Go see it if it's in the theater near you. Great flick! You'll enjoy it even if you're not into motorcycles. That movie made me want to go pee on a lemon tree. You can download the trailer here. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718797/trailer
  15. TradTalk Main Forum
    I'm currently shooting 40# 66 sky conquest (marked PSE carbon) on a proline riser. These come out to around 45# at 28" on this riser. I've heard a lot of good things about sky,samick, hoyt, win win, and border limbs. I'm wondering, what is everyone's opinion on the fastest limbs? I know it...
  16. TradTalk Main Forum
    Check out my new limbs Hoyt Kinetics 62 #@ 28... [IMG] I'll post some chrono numbers once I get them. I'm thinking they'll pull 68-72# and I'm guessing with a new TS-1 string I just happen to have and no string silencers and 340ish carbons they'll do 260 fps... Okay, I might have over paid...
1-18 of 18 Results