Trad Talk Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 152 Results
  1. Special Projects
    I made this tab from a piece of flattened schedule 40 PVC pipe. I really like my Yost cordovan tab, but I wanted to try something that extended a little towards the palm to see if it helps to stabilize my hand a bit. I still have some work to do in that regard, but the tab shoots really well...
  2. Special Projects
    I have tried to make a bow out of a skateboard. Skateboard decks are made of maple plywood sheets put together under the pressure of 40 something tons. Exactly what we need. And at the end we, of course, will do some testing.
  3. TradTalk Main Forum
    I decided it was time to try and improve my Tribute grip. There aren’t many options out there besides the stock grips from 3 Rivers, so I ordered some leather stripping from Amazon. If anyone’s interested I can post a link for what I bought. I played around with this several times before I...
  4. TradTalk Main Forum
    I just made the German spruce woodies i'm shooting. I'm going to hunt with stone points this year. I have my points made and the point weight is matched within 3 grains of my 125gr tips on these arrows. I am practicing at 18 yds here which will be my max hunting yardage. Stone point accuracy...
  5. TradTalk Main Forum
    Howdy Trad talkers I hope that life has been doing good on y’all. It’s been quite some time since I showed up here. Reason for being absent for so long was having issues with logging in .... I kept trying and trying...... anyhow, I tried again yesterday and it worked :highfive: Wishing...
  6. TradTalk Main Forum
    is it Holland? Denmark?
  7. TradTalk Main Forum
    As the title reads: I like the Hoyt Ergo grip ( as found on the ol'Excel risers). Anyone make clones to fit non Hoyt risers? like the TT Titan?
  8. TradTalk Main Forum
    after watching Jinkster's red Spiga BB 650 with black limbs, I have the rush to get a red BB riser for myself..... was going after a Spiga BB 650...but a 10 ~12 weeks waiting time @ Alternative put me off......since I am very happy with my Bosen Stronghold 25", so I decided to get a Horn 25" ~...
  9. TradTalk Main Forum
    Recently bought 2 bridge risers from Bosen, being Stronghold 25" barebow/target rig n Stronghold 19" hunting rig. The 2 risers are well made n machined, so if u want a W&W TF Apecs, Greenhorn Sirius type of riser in hefty aluminum, well made n under $500 mark as of today ~ I highly recommend...
  10. TradTalk Main Forum
    I will start. I was at a big indoor 3d shoot and we had a 40 yard shot on a bedded elk. We had some compound shooters in the group, and one stepped up and pinwheeled the 11. He was using bright green fletching, so it was easy to see. I stepped up and stated that was a great shot and I was...
  11. TradTalk Main Forum
    If they made one change in the bare bow rules and allowed a single pin, what would be the difference in scores? Bowmania
  12. TradTalk Main Forum
    ....made in Texas, designed by a Scot! A circa 1962 Birnie Bows "Caledonian", currently residing in Texas, likely looking for a new home More pics/info here
  13. TradTalk Main Forum
    So?...about a year ago I had my first Hex7 CH that was 60"/45#'s and seeing it loved stiffly spined heavy arrows?...I wound up getting Utopian like results using .350 spine CX Mayhem Hunter shafts cut too 29"s sporting 250gr screw-ins. Now?...while they proved just a touch too stiff to hit tune...
  14. TradTalk Main Forum
    Dropped off my buddy in NewYork :) To compete on Forged In Fire Oct 24 season 4 episode 22 (formerly 26) HISTORY CHANNEL 9 PM Eastern This is my buddy David Mirabile If you all might remember he made the Sids from Border Archery some knives for me Check it out I'm betting he wins...
1-14 of 152 Results