Trad Talk Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-12 of 63 Results
  1. TradTalk Main Forum
    I’m thinking of a SRF sight for my 45# Samick Sage for hunting. I have read a little about it and for shooting live game I think it would give me a bit more confidence. I am afraid of shooting a flyer and wounding a deer. My shots would under 25 yards, what would I need?
  2. TradTalk Main Forum
    I am looking for some advise, I have been looking at getting an ILF bow and I draw to about 30". I was thinking of maybe a 19" riser and then having an over all length of 62" for the bow. I am primarily using this for hunting so I am trying to not make it too long. Is a 19" riser good or would I...
  3. TradTalk Main Forum
    NO ! Not the C word , either of them . ( compound and crossbow) Been there , done that . Since leaving the compound bows behind , some twenty five years ago or more , probably closer to 30 , I’ve always shot off the shelf . I’m thinking of tryIng to learn how to shoot off an elevated rest ...
  4. TradTalk Main Forum
    17" Discovery riser and Uukha Saiga short 45#. I draw 28 or a hair over. Like a 58" bow for hunting. Anybody messed with similar? Currently running a 54# non ILF take down.
  5. TradTalk Main Forum
    Was thinking about installing a clicker on one of my bows. Right now my go to bow is the 62 AMO Striker Classic that I bought off of “Burntmuch” on this forum. I love it btw. But I also shoot a Damon Howatt Hunter a lot as well. I am probably gonna use the Striker for my first season of 3D...
  6. TradTalk Main Forum
    Want a 58" rig, 45-50#. Dunno if I should get the Black Max 2.0 carbons or what? What other brands/models would make a good hunting limb? I had a Tradtech a few yrs ago w reg wood/glass TT limbs and it was decent. Want something a little better limb wise. TIA
  7. TradTalk Main Forum
    All I've ever owned are Black Max originals and 2.0's. I'd like to try something a little better. Like a lot of us, I'm part plinker, part target shooter and hunter. What would be the better limbs (brand) I should consider? Also for those who eventually tried higher end limbs, do you think the...
  8. TradTalk Main Forum
    Wishing every one and especially my friend Phil a peaceful and glorious Easter Sunday.
  9. TradTalk Main Forum
    So I'm thinking about getting an ILF set-up. I currently have a Striker T/D recurve and, don't get me wrong, she's a sweet shooting little bow, but I'm a tinkerer. I have a feeling that the adjustability of an ILF rig will both please the tuner in me and also step up my accuracy. Getting to the...
  10. TradTalk Main Forum
    Now ive made you click on this... :-) Merry Christmas to you all from everyone at Border! And a happy new year when it comes. And if your not a christmas follower. Happy holidays. Thats us shut till the 4th jan. Ill still be around to participate in threads and debates Sláinte
  11. TradTalk Main Forum
    Anyone who knows me know I like to experiment with ideas and concepts. I've made self bows, PVC bows, various ILF risers and even crossbows. I like to test out ideas to learn or unlearn new or old ways of doing things. Which brings me to this experiment. The assymetric bow. Most commonly seen...
  12. TradTalk Main Forum
    My shooting has been getting better, I can see progress each time I go to the range. My groups still need work, since they are about 6 inches at the 10 yard line, but I think I am almost ready to move back to 20. The problem is location of my groups, and this is why I'm thinking of changing...
1-12 of 63 Results