Trad Talk Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 202 Results
  1. TradTalk Main Forum
    This might be a challenge, but I could use some serious help. I am working on an ILF setup, but the tuning process is killing me. I shoot my Black Widow very well and have been successful with it in the field and at tournaments. Using my nock height, draw weight, and other specs from my Widow...
  2. TradTalk Main Forum
    Notice the clearance improvements as the Nock end is elevated. I like to use the lowest position that offers proper clearance.
  3. TradTalk Main Forum
    For some reason when tuning my bows they all seem to tune best with nock setting 3/4” high which seems much higher than most. I’m wondering if there is something I’m not seeing? At 3/4” high my bare shaft shoots great with no up and down, I’m shooting off the shelf.
  4. TradTalk Main Forum
    This is from the Easton Arrow Tuning and Maintenance Guide: Is there an inconsistency between the text and the diagram? When the shaft/nock is level, the starting line is at the bottom of the shaft/nock, right? The paragraph says to try a nock height of 1/2" above square. For the diagram...
  5. TradTalk Main Forum
    Covid has keep me on the home place, so I've been shooting my old Bob Lee takedown a lot recently. Basically ignorant in traditional archery despite owning a recurve for close to 40-years. I bought "Shooting the Stickbow" and read it. I've read alot, watched alot videos, and shot alot. It...
  6. TradTalk Main Forum
    Nock Point, Tiller, and draw style... (ideas from the recent "string walking" thread) In the recent thread on string walking I asked a question about string walking pulling closer to the center of the string. I decided to start a new thread since it was veering off topic a bit. The comments...
  7. TradTalk Main Forum
    You guys shooting HEX 8 limbs what is your nock set at for thee under? Still working on my tune and wondered what you have yours set at. Thanks
  8. TradTalk Main Forum
    I use dental floss usually to tie nock sets on strings. BUT as much as I change setups, I have often used masking tape. NEW TRICK for me the last year or so. 3M NEXCARE Absolute Waterproof Tape. YIKES this stuff is great, stays put, I've even torn it off and moved it. I LOVE IT. Credit goes to ...
  9. TradTalk Main Forum
    Good afternoon, When I draw my bow occasionally the nock is slightly unhooking. It's not enough to fall off the string, but if I draw, let down and then push the knock back on it clicks. Any ideas what I've got going on?
  10. TradTalk Main Forum
    Hi all, I started playing with a fixed crawl on my 60” Morrison max 6 setup (15” riser, long limbs) and no matter what I do with the nock points, the arrow comes off quite nock low. It’s apparent from 5yds to 30yds so I don’t think it’s bouncing off the riser. My theory is that with my 31” draw...
  11. TradTalk Main Forum
    I had been shooting decent groups but needed new arrows so I bought a dozen gold tip traditional xt 400 shafts. My old arrows were 400s from a different manufacturer and flew good. While bare shaft tuning I just can't get them to fly good. Always nock left. They started out weak but I cut a...
  12. TradTalk Main Forum
    I just recently got my first WARF(BB done by LocDo) and am setting it up with an elevated rest(Xpert magnetic stick on). I have not shot an elevated rest for quite some time and seem to remember on previous bows that my nock height was closer to level than when shooting off the shelf. Strangely...
  13. TradTalk Main Forum
    What will cause a nock high besides nock point? I can not seem to get rid of a 1/2" to 3/4" nock high tear when shooting a bareshaft through paper at 6 feet. When i shoot a fletched arrow it is about 1/2". I have moved my nocks up and down with no change for the better. Im shooting a 60lb @...
  14. TradTalk Main Forum
    Anyone ever have this issue? I’m bareshaft tuning and getting a nock low reading. This is with a fixed crawl. Never seen this shooting normal 3 under. I can actually see the shaft in flight with the nock lower than the point. Setup is as follows: WF19 riser shooting off the hump. Have adjusted...
  15. TradTalk Main Forum
    How ironic that the least expensive component made what is arguably the largest positive difference in my BB rig by simply changing out the nocks on my VAP V1's and replacing them with Easton G-Nocks. From behind the lenses of my 10X Visor?...(old diabetic eyes betray me often these days...
  16. TradTalk Main Forum
    Hi, I am bare shaft tunning from about 25 yards. I am shooting split fingers from 35# trad. recurve. My 600 spine carbon arrow cut to 29.5" with 65 grain point (+12 grain insert) is slightly weaker and slightly below group (about 0.5 feet). I have found an old broken 500 spine carbon arrow...
  17. TradTalk Main Forum
    Hello guys. Im new to the forum so if we havent interacted before, HELLO. My question is about your nock height. I am a straight gap shooter and I recently added a feather rest to my shelf which has raised the arrow and shrunk my gap. This is great at 20 yards and under because my gap is like...
  18. TradTalk Main Forum
    So I typically shoot either easton FMJ or axis arrows with a .204ID. I am lazy about pulling arrows which leads to more robin hoods and damaged arrows than I would like. Will a nock bushing protect the arrow on a robin hood and if so, does anyone know what type of nock I would use with the...
  19. TradTalk Main Forum
    Hello, I was told by another archer, and referred to a Youtube video with said advice, that the best way to tie a nocking point is to use serving material, in particular serving material that has a larger diameter than the serving on the bowstring. This is to prevent the nocking serving material...
  20. TradTalk Main Forum
    I have run into an issue that I have tried to research but cannot find enough detail to understand. I have been shooting only Gold Tip Hunter series arrows since I started learning 3 years ago. I have been through several strings and with my new 68" bow I currently have a D97 string that has a...
1-20 of 202 Results