Board Menu
» Help
Go Back   TradTalk Forums > Main Category > TradTalk Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:54 PM

fotoguy58 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Black Swan ILF longbow ????

DWS,

I do not want to turn this thread into a negative vein, but you stated something that personally called my character into question. You stated that you had problems with the limbs in your camp at Compton, and the TradTech rep wanted nothing to do with you or your problem....I personally was the TradTech rep there, and I have never ignored or turned away a customer who have had problems while I was at TradTech. I am no longer working for TradTech, so I do not know their policies, but when I was there, I personally made it a point to address and correct any problem with any of our products.....and I have thousands of customers who can attest to that. I realize you have had a personal agenda with TradTech and LAS from the outset, but I will not sit and let you make untrue allegations concerning my professionalism and integrity. Although there are many reasons why I left the business, I can assure you that dealing with people like you and scooter helped make the decision easier. If I had limbs to replace the problem ones, or could have fixed the existing ones, I would have done so....please take your accusations elsewhere.......

I apologize to all others here who have made this a very interesting post, and am sorry I had to post, please accept my apologies, but I felt it was something I had to state and clear up....those of you I have dealt with over the last three years hopefully have been treated well by me in my time there.

Since I am no longer in the business, I can sit back and chuckle at some of the mistruths and lies that get posted...but I have more important things to do in my life right now.

Wishing everyone the best....and I a[pologies to Robert and other moderators who may pull this post and/or ban me....

Lee Vivian
Remove Ads
Old 06-25-2010, 04:19 PM

Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,742 Posts
Sam Dunham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
here is a post about just this...
Gtek Is an offical Hoyt/Easton Rep... Hope it all makes sense...
We as in, Border archery had our ability questioned in a previous thread some weeks before by Gtek, so we were abit touchy about the whole question...
anyhow... here is their answer.
http://www.archery-interchange.net/f...vot-point.html
If anything it prooves for some fun reading...
Thanks Sid!!!!!!
This thread has been very educational for me! Thanks again, Sir.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 PM

Thanked 1,290 Times in 892 Posts
rusty craine is on a distinguished road

over the past few years Gtek has been my favorite person that I love to hate. I have gotten more laughs out is his antics......of course I stopped buying hoyt products.....just out of the up most respect for him of course.

rusty
Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 PM

the other DWS is on a distinguished road

Lee, I apologize to you and to the others on this thread for what you have interpreted as a personal insult and thus dragging it into a technical discussion.
You are correct I do have a bit of a chip on my shoulder regarding some of the past practices of Lancaster's Trad/Trad organization. However I have tried to keep it out of my public posts to the best of my ability.

This is irrelevant to this specific thread which is about the fitment of ILF limbs and risers. I only mentioned it in that context in response to a specific question about a known issue of "big boy" limb/riser fitment problems.

When I presented the issue to the guys in the booth I was directed to the Korean Samik techs because--I assumed the other booth workers were busy with non technical issues or unqualified to deal with them. My only dealings were with the two Korean techs. No one else in the booth involved themselves in the problem----but as I said they were pretty busy serving other customers.

Again it was not my intent to insult or challenge you as an individual or to question your ethics or integrity in any way. I apologize. now lets get off the personal sidetrack and get back to the threads significant topic.

"In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a SHAME, two is a LAW FIRM and three or more is a CONGRESS." ~ John Adams
Old 06-25-2010, 07:21 PM

fotoguy58 is on a distinguished road

"And the TradTech rep wanted nothing to do with me or the bow......." were your quotes....not, they were busy. I was qualified for technical work on the bows and limbs, and have worked on many......and by the way, I hope "TARD" Tek was a typo.....in fact you have never made an attempt to hide your feelings in the past....however, since I no longer am in the business.....it doesn't matter to me your feelings towards the company....I just resent the implications that I did not care, or was qualified to fix the problem, or at least do something to help.....last time I will post concerning this.....other than the fact that Earl Hoyt is not around to answer the claims that ARvid invented ILF.., and Earl copied it.....but then Earl would be too much of a gentleman to squabble with anyone.

Lee Vivian
Old 06-25-2010, 07:24 PM

DWS - thank you very much. i admire and appreciate your post very much.

rusty
Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Lee - you know a lot and were very helpful to me personal a number of times when I called or emailed. I am pertty sure ya did not know me from any other joe blow. I bet it was a rather difficult job when you have people like me not knowing exactly the detials of what they need to do and ya had to take the time and effort get then on the right track.

I don't if know that you are inerested in archery now. if you are this is a good place and time to bury the hatchet..... I personl think you would make an excellent contributor to Trad Talk. There is nothing I can do about the past and I don't know or care what part anyone played in the past. if an individual is going the same direction that I am going and interested in seeing that tradbow community get top quality equipment at this point I am with them.

I do care for TradTalk and think it is a lot of fun. interestng place, good members who are looking for about the same things. if acrchery is an interesting part of you life and you like to hit what you aim at. lets talk archery

rusty

Last edited by rusty craine; 06-25-2010 at 07:56 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rusty craine For This Useful Post:
Bowbender Mike (06-25-2010), Esquire (07-01-2010), Scooter (06-26-2010), Short Draw (06-25-2010), the other DWS (06-26-2010)
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 PM

Mike and I have talked several times that ILF could be on of the best things that has happened to the 3D/bowhunter that had come along in some time. I do think it is necessary to hold the bowyers and manufacture to a standard with our buying dollars. ILF opens lots of doors to us that have not been there before.

I don't think there has been a better time to be a recurve shooter since I started shoot in the 1950's The internet, TradTalk, and ILF have been a gateway for me. really made an interesting contribution to my life. From here I have met, hunted with, shot with, and chat with the best bunch of shooters you can imagine. Mike and met on the internet oddly enough. I found borders bows on the internet. Sid Ball and Brian Krupis are going to come hunt with Mike and I in February.

If not for the internet directly, and David Sosa indirectly, my life would be quite a bit different.

I hope tha ILF is here to stay and I am going to try to promote those that are doing their best to give trad archers the equipment that fits into the scheme.

rusty
Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 PM

Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,742 Posts
Sam Dunham is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Black Swan ILF longbow ????

"the equipment that fits into the scheme."
To have fun, and be in your will Rusty! LOL
Old 06-26-2010, 06:20 AM

cch is on a distinguished road

Rusty, How is it going with the return? On the BS web site it states that all sales are final and no exchanges or trials. Any problem with that?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:26 PM

wihill is on a distinguished road

Wow there's a lot of information in the last three pages.

Very interesting learning that a standard isn't always so (but that happens with many things, not just archery I suppose).

If anyone doesn't mind me asking, how or what would be required to grip on a Dalaa in order for there not to be clearance issues?

I'll be picking a new to me 17" riser shortly, and both the BS Wave limbs as well as a set of Borders are definitely in my future sometime. I'll make them work regardless -

Old 06-26-2010, 01:38 PM

the other DWS is on a distinguished road

I'd say that the odds are that you will do just fine.

If there will be any clearance problems, and its not too common; it most likely would be for the inner ends of the limb butts (which fork around the limb draw-bolt and its slot) to be just a tad long and bind on the end-wall of the limb pocket as the limbs are moved up or down.

I suspect when it does happen its mostly a case of max. tolerance on the limbs and min. tolerance on the limb pocket. Usually it is solved by a little careful sanding and resealing on the limb butts.

"In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a SHAME, two is a LAW FIRM and three or more is a CONGRESS." ~ John Adams
Old 06-26-2010, 02:16 PM

cch - don't know how the return will go. I ask for a return receipt. When I get a reciept back from Arivd, I'll call him. I don't intend to make the results known what every the outcome unless Arvid ask me to post the results. the post was not about me getting my money back. the post was about I did not get ILF from Arvid (IMO). So if you don't want to have to go the the umpleasent task of trying to get a refund from Arivd, I'd suggest you don't order ILF limbs from him if you expect them to be ILF.

Since the sale was on a charge card I do have some leverage but I personally don't think it will come to that.. if for some reason you are personally interested in the out come if you will PM me you email address I will let you know the outcome. it is alway a good idea to put mail order sales on your charge card becasue the you do have some leverage. I would expect to pay a $50 restocking fee and the postage. I the rest would be credited to my credit card or else get a pair of ILF limbs the match the standard.

rusty
Old 06-26-2010, 06:33 PM

Rednef is on a distinguished road

What happened to LynnRex?

Last edited by Esquire; 06-26-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 AM

cch is on a distinguished road

Rusty, Any word yet from Arvid weather or not he is going to change his limb butt?
Closed Thread

Tags
black, ilf, longbow, swan

Search tags for this page
black maxx limbs

black swan bows

black swan hybrid ilf limbs
black swan ilf
black swan ilf limbs
black swan longbow
hoylt ilf riser
hoyt gold medalist recurve bow images
hoyt rocker & dowel noise

ilf limbs

ilf longbow hybred limbs
ilf longbow target riser
Click on a term to search for related topics.