#1 ·
Everyone is welcome!
March 31, April 1, 2, 2017
Farmland Conservation Club,
Winchester, Indiana

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I've tried to post about this twice but my posts keep messing up....This is an awesome shoot, fun as a local shoot, but with a competitive atmosphere also...Super cool Shoot Director/ Organizer, Darren Nunez, and really nice Trophies...After turning in the score, you can shoot the course or courses that you scored, and shoot as much as you want, which is sweet... The shooting facility is really nice, as are the folks there at Farmland CC ...seriously nice shoot!.... Jim

#32 · (Edited)
Hi Kenn1320, When you register as an individual shooter there's a place on the application to select team event, team name, and team members name. You would pay 10.00 for the team and your team member would pay 10.00.

The score cards need to be turned in by 3pm on Saturday. Your score and your team members score card will be added together. The top 10 teams will shoot off. The Team shoot off will start shortly after. Then the Broadhead shootoff will follow. Thanks for asking.
Darren

#33 ·
Hi Kenn1320, When you register as an individual shooter there's a place on the application to select team event, team name, and team members name. You would pay 10.00 for the team and your team member would pay 10.00.

The score cards need to be turned in by 3pm on Saturday. Your score and your team members score card will be added together. The top 10 teams will shoot off. The Team shoot off will start shortly after. Then the Broadhead shootoff will follow. Thanks for asking.
Darren
Thanks Darren. So same deal on Friday, cards in by 3? Thanks for answering my pm's, I am following this on 2 websites. :D

#36 ·
That's Funny

I read scores.

Bob Enlow beat me by an arrow in theSelfbow 2016 Hunter Challenge Shootdown Head to Head. We ended up with three on final shoot with Charles Bolen. I guess they tossed a guy cuz his bow did not conform, anyhows.

Bob is a great feller we had a great shootoff crackin wise on the line.

Here's the destiny part. Bob was shooting a Hedge bow with a well used string. We shot last target the three of us. I unstrung my bow as we walked to target and bob undid his. String loop broke right there! We laughed and laughed.

#40 · (Edited)
Hi Santo, Steve Walker and the rest of the crew at Farmland do an outstanding job setting up the courses and also having breakfast and lunch available to purchase on site. I'll be running the registration table again this year. Maybe I get a chance to shoot some arrows on Thursday evening this year.

My friend Vic built a score card box that separates the classes. It was shipped to Farmland today.

#42 ·
At 1:00pm on Saturday, Jim Belcher will be doing a bowbuilding seminar at the T.A.S. Trad Bowhunter Worlds.

Jim will be bring some American Longbow blanks available for sale $279.00. Bow blanks can be purchased with your choice of glass color from OMC Bowyer Supply.

#48 ·
Kenn, I wish that I did bring some Florida sun with me. The first day was a little wet but today was just beautiful all day!

We had an amazing 2 days at the T.A.S. World Championship! Tomorrow is the championship round.

The Team World Champion for 2017 is "STICKBOW MAFIA", Congrats, Bill and Matt!
2nd Place Northern Mist Longbows
3rd Place Moose Eyed Bows

#51 · (Edited)
TRAD BOWHUNTER WORLD CHAMPIONS 2017

T.A.S. Traditional Bowhunter World Championship 2017
Farmland Conservation Club
Winchester, Indiana

Men's Hill Bow
James Henderson Champion 481
Keith Rogers 2nd Place 370
Frank Rejonis 3rd Place 343

Men's Longbow
Eric Mogren Champion 497
Vern Thompson 2nd Place 495
Matt Cranmer 3rd Place 490

Men's Selfbow
Greg Beherns Champion 424
Tom Arnett 2nd Place 389

Men's Recurve
Scott Roberts Champion 557
Ken Rienas 2nd Place 532
Tony Allen 3rd Place 529

Men's Open Class
Larry Morgan Champion 557
Jay Cottril 2nd Place 528
Taylor Davis 3rd Place 525

Woman's Hill Bow
Joy Rathwell Champion 249

Women's Longbow
Michele Corder Champion 366
Mary Flanagin 2nd Place 361

Women's Selfbow
Judy Branham Champion 375
Julia Norris 2nd Place 371

Women's Recurve
Fawn Krieg-Girard Champion 524
Joella Bates 2nd Place 521
Mandy Boggs 3rd Place 262

Youth Boy Longbow
Joseph Cole Champion 429
David Cole 2nd Place 412
Blake Maloney 3rd Place 382

Youth Girl Recurve
Mackenzie Maloney Champion 245

Cub Boy Longbow
Trevor Dawson Champion 292
Lukas Dawson 2nd Place 247

Cub Girl Longbow
Keira Rogers Champion 385

Cub Girl Recurve
Shakayla Erwin Champion 430
Teagan Lloyd 2nd Place 377
Lilly Parker 3rd Place 291

Stump-Shoot Traditional World Championship
Randy Corder Champion

Broadhead Traditional
Tony Allen Champion
Randy Corder 2nd Place
Ken Rienas 3rd Place

TEAM BOWHUNTER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
"STICKBOW MAFIA" Champion
Matt Cranmer and Bill Curlis

Participating Teams:
CD Archery #2
Moose Eyed Bows
CD Archery BG
Lonesome Elk Archery
D&R Enterprises
Northern Mist Longbows
Bear Archery
Parker Archery
Voo Doo Kustom Bows
Elmer Fudd
Bass and Bucks
Team Clydebow
Missouri Midwest Mafia
Traditional Archery of New Jersey
Rip-N-Stick

#63 ·
John, just so there inst any confusion let me say I didn't shoot/post that 380. I don't want you thinking I'm out shooting you, or posting scores indicating I could. Those were turned in on Friday and it was too cold/windy/raining for me to shoot, so I shot on Saturday. Scoring was 10/8/5, no 11's. I will say Sunday was easier, seemed the targets were closer and fairly square to the shooter for the most part. I would love to get a chance to shoot with you some day John.

Qualifying 40 targets

Scott Roberts 400
Jeremy Roberts 380

Sundays 20 targets

Scott Roberts 157
Jeremy Roberts 86

Darren I had a great time and I know many others did as well. Its a great venue and a lot of pride went into ensuring it was a great course and people would have fun. I think a few tweaks are needed and I would encourage you to reach out to other clubs/organizations for advice.

#57 ·
Hi John, That was Scott Roberts in the Men's Recurve class. He shot the Qualifier round in a group of 4. I asked him if he shot the adult stake because he turned in a perfect score. He told me he shot from the furthest stake, the adult stake, and he was a Cloverdale Champion.

If you can make our shoot next year, maybe you could shoot the Qualifier round with him?

#59 ·
Hi John, That was Scott Roberts in the Men's Recurve class. He shot the Qualifier round in a group of 4. I asked him if he shot the adult stake because he turned in a perfect score. He told me he shot from the furthest stake, the adult stake, and he was a Cloverdale Champion.

If you can make our shoot next year, maybe you could shoot the Qualifier round with him?
Maybe one day. I like shooting with everyone, so I wouldn't see a problem with that. This shoot usually happens when we are still in the final stages of our indoor season, and I have a team to shoot on. This year it fell on that same weekend, so it didn't work out. Maybe next year will be better timing. Wonder if the pressure got to him. Seems like he dropped a lot the shootoff day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.