Trad Talk Forums banner

Arrows hitting to the right.....

Tags
hitting
19K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  kenn1320 
#1 ·
I have an Excel bow, 30lbs at 29" DL and I'm shooting 1535 Trad GTs. Today all I got at 25yds were arrows to the right. Are the 1535s to weak or was it me when 80% were hitting to the right?

#2 ·
Hitting right for a right hander would mean they are flying stiff. I would think that form is the most like culprit since those arrows do not look weak (unless you are a left hander like me). You should make sure you have your basic setup in order such as center shot, nock height, tiller etc.

#3 ·
Recheck your math, hank;) "knock"right would indicate stiff. If the "arrow" is going right then it might be weak. If you ARE way underspinened then arrows will usually group erratically/inconsistantly to the left, not a nice little group to the left. Try a bareshaft and compare it to the fletched group. Try dropping point weight a bunch and see what happens. I'm sure hank just had a brain fart (had plenty myself when discussing spines and adjustments etc) but I would still definitely double check the other points he mentioned.

#5 ·
I found that strange also.....always heard that if the arrows go right they are too wek spined and if they go left to stiff spined.....It could have been a flaw in my set or release so I'm gonna try it again today and see what happens......

#7 ·
They are way to stiff and you are getting an opposite result. I shoot 15/35 cut to 30"s or should I say full length cause they come at 30"s long. I shoot them out 42-47# bows with 125 to 175 grains of point weight and I draw 29"s as well. I would add quite a bit more point weight and see how they respond. Shawn

#12 ·
Okay, sorry. I am ambidextrous and right/left confusion issues hit me all the time. I visualized myself shooting right handed instead of left -- something that a non ambidextrous person would not understand. I did not realize my mistake until I thought about the weaker arrows that I had to buy last weekend because my arrows were going right. To quote Adrien Monk, "it is a gift, and a curse". People have learned not to yell "turn left" to me in an emergency, since there is only a 50% chance I would go the right way.

#14 ·
They are way overspined. I shoot those same arrows cut to 28.5" with 50 gr brass inserts and 125 gr points out of 45-50# bows. They really fly nice. I bareshaft mine first to get the set up. Do a bareshaft and if nock is right then it is stiff.

#15 ·
I agree with others, I shoot that same shaft full length with 100gr tips drawn 29.75" at 45lbs or so and believe they are still a tad stiff out of my bow. See the video I posted on Jerrys walk back challenge and those arrows are flying sideways. 4444 pointed that out, and I need to look into it further. Carbon arrows like to be "pushed" so to speak, and I find companys often under rate them. Throw some point weight on them and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.