Trad Talk Forums banner

Tradtech longbow limbs/Pinnacle II

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  lehua768 
#1 ·
Any of you have experience / opinions on longbow limbs on the pinnacle II riser ? I currently have medium recurve ( blackmax glass/wood ) limbs on the riser for target shooting . Was thinking of getting some longbow limbs for hunting weight and wanted feedback from those of you that have them ( I L F longbow limbs, that is ). I have a draw length of right at 28 ". Any specific info on longbow limbs on the Pinnacle II riser is appreciated. Am I right that med longbow limbs will give me a 64 " bow ?

Thanks,
Ike

#2 ·
Lazy Ike, I had a Pinnacle 11/64" with t/t wood/glass longbow limbs ! for a short time, then a Sky17"/62" ilf with carbon/foam longbow limbs arrived and blew me away, I will not go back ! cheers Pete. p.s. now recurve, thats another story.

#3 ·
Ike, I have a Pinnacle II riser and two pair of Trad Tech fiberglass/wood longbow limbs, 40# and 50#. I find the bow to be quiet and accurate. Yup, it is 64". We share a similar draw length. My bow prefers even tiller, although I shoot split finger. I've never tried recurve limbs on it--so I don't know what I'm missing. I think it represents good value in an entry level ILF hunting rig and I am happy with it. I am currently shooting a string follow Wesley Special in a determined effort to master the straight grip. I am afraid to pick up the Pinnacle or one of my recurves until this Hill Bow stops kicking my butt! Good luck. --Bob Wilson

#4 · (Edited)
Any of you have experience / opinions on longbow limbs on the pinnacle II riser ? I currently have medium recurve ( blackmax glass/wood ) limbs on the riser for target shooting . Was thinking of getting some longbow limbs for hunting weight and wanted feedback from those of you that have them ( I L F longbow limbs, that is ). I have a draw length of right at 28 ". Any specific info on longbow limbs on the Pinnacle II riser is appreciated. Am I right that med longbow limbs will give me a 64 " bow ?

Thanks,
Ike
I've recently purchased exactly this combination from a chap at ozbow.net. He seemed very impressed with the combination, but then he was selling it.

I also have a sky 17" riser, which I use with medium recurve limbs for a 60" bow. I hope you are right that this will be a 64" bow, as I had expected 62", thinking the limbs would be the same length and the riser 2" more than my current setup.

PS my reason for wanting the bow to be 64" is so as to be able to use it in the
Australian FITA longbow category.

This is a paste from the brace height section of the TT Pinnacle manual available for download as pdf.
19" Pinnacle Wood Riser
Recurve Limbs Shrt. 60" Limbs 7 1⁄2"- 8 1⁄4"
Recurve Limbs Med. 62" Limbs 8"- 8 1⁄2"
Recurve Limbs Lng. 64" Limbs 8"- 8 3⁄4"
ILF Longbow Limbs: Long 64" 8 1⁄2"- 9"

So it appears there is only one length of TT longbow limb, and it will make a 64" bow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.