Register Now!
Patron Membership
Board Menu
» Help

Go Back   TradTalk Forums > Main Category > TradTalk Main Forum

Old 05-18-2017, 03:36 PM

Easykeeper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feathers cutting hand

Everything you say seems reasonable, wish I had an answer for you.

Have you tried going over 7/8"? When I'm faced with a something that doesn't seem to make sense I like to try something extreme just to see if I can force the opposite reaction. In your case I'd move the nocking points up until you have nock high flight, even if you have to go up a ridiculous amount. At least then you know something. You either end up with good arrow flight and a nocking point that you can live with or something that needs more exploration.

I'm not familiar with the Phoenix riser, is it ILF? Can you experiment with the tiller? I'm a bolt down limb shooter so am just regurgitating what I've read here, but I think some find a neutral or even negative tiller works well for three under.
Remove Ads
Old 05-18-2017, 04:29 PM

Whip is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have changed my tiller but it hasn't helped. Makes me wonder if my spine is way off. I have a high grip on the way maybe it's a form thing. It must be a form thing. Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:19 AM

bleslie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feathers cutting hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
Thanks for all the input. 5/16 is how far above zero the top of my arrow nock is I will raise it up. I will leave a little more room in between the nock. And that tail low always impacts high. That is what I was getting at. When I shoot a wide bh it really gets drastic. I have built up a bump and that helps. I think maybe my nocks are to close together. How far apart should they be. I shoot a 5/16 arrow. Thanks for all the help.
None of the longbow ILF combos I've put together wound up with a nocking point below 9/16" above square to the rest.

Tail low impact high would be an indication that the nock point needs to go up.
Set tiller to zero and just keep raising the nock????

7/8" should have been plenty high & 1/8" extra should be plenty of space for the nock angle at full draw.

Kinda running out of ideas,
same nock you've used with similar length longbows (not 1/2 off the string at full draw)??

I've never played with a Morrison but I've had other ILF / longbow limb combos that worked great 4 or 5 turns out but when cranked down one more turn went into noodle mode.
Push/pull vertically on the string, if you can make it noodle you're too close.

Tags
cutting, feathers, hand