Trad Talk Forums banner

Gold Tip Torture Test Video

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hank D Thoreau 
#1 ·
This is a really interesting video from the 2016 ATA Trade Show on the straightness and break point of various carbon shafts....

Have you guys seen this before?

Cheers
James

#2 ·
is it just me but i noticed he did not bend the GTs as much as the others in the first test although the second test was quite impressive...

i would also be interested in some kind of impact test when hitting hard objects..rocks,metal,etc...as these are more commonly encountered by us specially when plinking, stump shooting or hunting small game on the ground----and missing!

#3 ·
Yes, he was very gentle with the Goldtip. I went back and reran it just to check. You also need to bare in mind that the strength of carbon is variable based on how you orient the fibers. Goldtip's may be good a making hoops, but that does not make them good against impact. The forces are different. The question is whether Goldtip used the right requirements when designing it's arrows.

#5 ·
No real issues with the low cost Exhibition Hunters. I have had some issues with their top end Kinetic Pro, but I have not put enough time into them to be definitive. I would never bend an arrow as far as they bent those "other" brands. The thing about experiments is that you have to measure the right thing otherwise the results are not meaningful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.