Trad Talk Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
really sorry... had my head in the sand, and im missing posts...

the BD ILF TCS up to 21" With A horn overlay and in heritage midnight comes out to be $655, + shipping at $76

a couple more pics

Is there a technical reason behind the shelf being slightly curved, or is it a matter of beauty?

The same curve on my Dorado made the vanes hit the shelf, both shooting ACCs and X10s... Also, if one was to use the shelf for sighting purposes (which at longer distances seem like a rather good idea:)), isn't easier if the shelf doesn't curve off, but has a sharper edge...?

Which curve are you talking about?
The upper surface of the shelf curve or the outer edge curve?

The upper surface is so that you can shoot off the shelf if you like... the curve in its self wont make a problem with vanes, its the height at which the button hole is placed that is critical...

Which curve are you talking about?
The upper surface of the shelf curve or the outer edge curve..
Be VERY careful talking to women about curves................:boxing:

the curve in its self wont make a problem with vanes, its the height at which the button hole is placed that is critical...
Very true. Keep forgetting that such a thing can be customized with a Border bow:eek:... Though, if one was to consider using the shelf for aiming/sighting, as Scott says he does once shooting longer distances like 70m, wouldn't it be better if the shelf was straight, should such a request be possible that is...?

Very true. Keep forgetting that such a thing can be customized with a Border bow:eek:... Though, if one was to consider using the shelf for aiming/sighting, as Scott says he does once shooting longer distances like 70m, wouldn't it be better if the shelf was straight, should such a request be possible that is...?
It is really not as curved as it might look.. here is another view... gapping or sighting off that shelf is not a problem...

It's your bow, so I take your word for it. Just thought I might check:)
Another thing, it being your blue baby: how much does she weigh...?

I have had two.. I am between babies right now.. :) Never weighed it, mine wee 19" they are light imo, but then after the bull just about anything feels light :D hehe but seriously not heavy at all.. But if you want light then there are lighter woods than midnight heritage...

Two questions for Sid:):

1. On my Explorer, there are two options for a stab/barebow weight, either the usual place below the grip, or just above the lower limb pocket. Now, I know that you think an additional weight isn't necessary and I am not arguing with that, but if one was to want the second option, just in case, would this be a possibility or is it a bad idea on the BD Mirage...?

2. What would the weight be of a 23" riser in Midnight Heritage, with button bushing and stab bushings added?

Cheers!

Two questions for Sid:):

1. On my Explorer, there are two options for a stab/barebow weight, either the usual place below the grip, or just above the lower limb pocket. Now, I know that you think an additional weight isn't necessary and I am not arguing with that, but if one was to want the second option, just in case, would this be a possibility or is it a bad idea on the BD Mirage...?

2. What would the weight be of a 23" riser in Midnight Heritage, with button bushing and stab bushings added?

Cheers!
We currently have a 23" left hand that is sold, here with stab insert and button hole. It comes in at 1.2kg
As for the bottom insert... totally possible.
For example if you look at Nathans last photo of the bow against the tree, you can see that there is space top and bottom of this kind of insert.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.