Trad Talk Forums banner

Best 3D arrows for my 45 lb recurve.

Tags
recurve
13K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  CarolinaBob 
#1 ·
Picked up a new bow and I am going to "compete" in 3D this year. What in you HO is the best 3D arrow to use for my 45@29 off the shelf recurve.

#3 ·
I second Gold Tips, but I woul;d go with the Ultralight Entrada in a .500 spine....leave them long, use a 100gn point with a 20 gn insert weight. I personally shoot these and they are GREAT!! You can get them at a great price from FS Discount Archery.

Del

#6 ·
I don't know what recurve you have, that will matter. If you are going for speed with a light tip you can shoot a 3555 with high performance limbs. If I put more than 100 grains up front on a 3555 my DAS with Winex limbs at 42# will turn a bare shaft sideways.

#7 ·
Light speed 3-d's are good, as are some of the other arrows mentioned...I've shot Gold Tip 35/55's, and Entrada's...Litespeeds, and Victory's...But....For price, toughness, consistency, availability, ease of exchanging components, and toughness, no other arrows I've shot can compare to PSE Radial X-WEAVES...None!...There are better arrows, and cheaper arrows, but no better arrow for the $$$....Just my Opinions.......Take Care.....Jim

#8 ·
If you're 'serious', you may want to consider a 2114 xx75, or one of the FAT carbon shafts, easton fatboy or beman makes one. They will cut a line every now and then that the skinny carbons won't. Especially when you can count the center 12's.

#12 ·
I also like Easton Lightspeed's in 500's, I like the 600's in Victory Nano.
I only have a few left of the 550 CE Medallions but these are great too, I think I will search for some of them next time I need darts.

#17 ·
I guess the first question would be:

1 - Speed - do you want a lighter shaft or a heavier shaft

then:

2 - durability -

3 - price:

there are so many manufacturer out there it is darn near impossible to try them all....then we get ppl (just trying to help us out) giving us their take on it and sometimes that doesn't even work.

I am in the same boat - fella told me to buy ad trads cut at 29.5" for my BW @57# and they would work for my ACS 60# too both with 175-200 grain up front.

Well maybe - maybe not.....the ones for the BW were too stiff so I had to shoot 300 up front to get them to shoot - NOW had I left them full length maybe it would have worked out.

The ACS it was perfect.

SO YOUR BOW CHARACTERISTICS have a huge determining factor - type of string and silencers - shooting off the shelf or not and then cut to center or past center - recurve or longbow you name it.

I like the idea of test packs now..they give you a couple of arrows of each and then you can play.

Don't think I will buy arrows any other way again. Costs way too much money otherwise.

JMHO...jer

#19 ·
Brad B the bow is a Seminole Chief which I believe was made by E.T. Williams, I can see that it has carbon lams on the belly and has a set back riser, similar to a Brown Recluse. anyone know how to read the number 5c5942072003, also not so sure I would call it a recurve maybe a flatbow. It has been real windy here but it seems to spit them out for only 45@29. I once shot a carbon spyder it it was quick. Quirky as the brace height with the proper length string is about 5.25"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.