Trad Talk Forums banner

Pinnacle II longbow with long draw length

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lil" Okie 
#1 ·
I am thinking of getting a Pinnacle II riser for my Tradtech longbow limbs. My problem is that I have a draw length over 32 inches and I am concerned about pulling a 64 inch bow. I would much rather have a longer riser but I do not know of any that are reasonably priced like the Pinnacle II. Also, I am uncertain whether there will be an issue with limb pocket angles on other risers. The Tradtech limbs are designed for the Pinnacle II. I am still waiting for an email response from Tradtech. Thought some folks here might have an opinion. I am a target shooter and do not hunt, so I have no compelling reason for a short bow. Also, I am looking for wood so that I am compliant with competition rules for traditional longbow in my area (basically, wood bow and arrows, shot off the shelf).

#2 ·
Does the class call for a wooden riser? Most Warfs can be shoot of the shelf and need no other bits on it at all. The Warf risers look right at home on the local shoots around here. don't look techy at all. Sleepers :) the Black Bears are 20.5 long and don't load up a limb alot.

rusty

#3 ·
The NFAA affiliate in California (CBH/SAA) separates traditional into recurve and longbow divisions. The longbow division requires a wood bow with wood arrows. There is another traditional shoot I also do that requires the same.

#4 ·
Ah. some of the organizations have a modern longbow class that will allow metal risers. I like the class alot. it will let me use some of the quipment that I already have about by adding longbow ILF limbs. pretty inexpensive way to get more shoots in.

rusty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.