Trad Talk Forums banner

Border Archery Tempest 19 With New Hex 7.5 New Core ILF Limbs

8K views 47 replies 15 participants last post by  DDD 
#1 ·
Here is a fun video on my newest bow setup the Tempest 19 with a new pair of Hex 7.5 ILF Limbs

I'm shooting with my buddy George who is shooting an Omega from my buddy Kegan

We had a lot of fun on this video and my dogs and george seemed to have a ball :)

For you dog lovers out there at the end there is some fun with my 9 month old Bull Terriers Max and Lady

Thx for looking

#2 ·
Good video, I was watching the dogs in the background. I take mine to the range and let them play, chasing the rabbits.
Cape buffalo looks really good. That's another hunt I would love to do.

Word of caution, vet told me to much laser will cause dogs to go crazy?
It broke my heart and theirs.

Chad

#5 ·
Good video, I was watching the dogs in the background. I take mine to the range and let them play, chasing the rabbits.
Cape buffalo looks really good. That's another hunt I would love to do.

Word of caution, vet told me to much laser will cause dogs to go crazy?
It broke my heart and theirs.

Chad
We don't do to much laser but II can see his point :)

#8 ·
Good stuff Joe. Those dogs are looking great. I sure wouldn't want to be the guy they grab hold of those jaws are powerful.

Now that you have a bronze riser you should give me a good deal on that titanium riser;).
Keep up the good work.

Oh ya, my dog pointed a gopher the other day and I shot it with the shotgun and she retrieved it. I think I just need to get her on birds now and we are good to go.

#10 ·
Good stuff Joe. Those dogs are looking great. I sure wouldn't want to be the guy they grab hold of those jaws are powerful.

Now that you have a bronze riser you should give me a good deal on that titanium riser;).
Keep up the good work.

Oh ya, my dog pointed a gopher the other day and I shot it with the shotgun and she retrieved it. I think I just need to get her on birds now and we are good to go.
It was spoken for the day the bronze one got here :)

I've yet to get these guys on anything but deer tracks and squirrels

Anxious to hear how your dog comes along buddy

#11 ·
Congrats, the new bow seemed to be shooting as good as it looks, hope to see some more vids.
Their 21" Tempest is very enticing as is the thought of the future 23" model, so I've been holding out so far.

Gotta love them dogs. Your response when Max was grabbing the pliers was too funny and easily related to. Mine are a year and a half now and if not finding new toys around the house, then they are bringing home sheds and bones to play with.
God forbid they just grab any of the hundred store bought toys they have available [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#15 ·
LOL, I feel your pain jinks. A couple weeks back Bonnie was very lethargic, drooling and not acting like herself at all.
Fearing some kind of poisoning she went to the vet for all kinds of tests. $1000 later it was determined she had eaten about as much of a rotting deer carcass as she could fit in her belly.
Yesterday she brought me some moose leftovers shown below.
My spring project is adding 6 foot fencing around the property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#18 ·
After shooting some Border limbs made for Bear Mag riser I guess i am "hooked" as well. They were mounted on a long "C" riser which made the experience even more smooth. Then the "kill" shot at 35yards really made me want a set.
But about our 4 legged buddies, ours hates coyotes that come through the neighborhood. She chases the rabbits, birds, lizards, but loves other dogs and people.

#20 ·
Respect to you for still using your "trophy" for practical purposes Joe. Hunting is not allowed here in the UK so it may well be that my view is wrong, but I feel an animal should be of use if it's killed (or if it's causing damage to property or livestock).
By the way your dogs are great.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Thank you one thing about hunting when done correctly there is no waste

I've shot 5 Cape buffalo in my life

The front skins and horns were mounted

The backskins turned to leather goods

The meat eaten

That goes for pretty much everything I hunt to a certain degree

One thing about Africa that is very interesting .... the circle of life is everywhere but in no place is it more extreme as Africa

As your cleaning an animal the vultures are waiting above to get all scraps

I love taxidermy because I love animals

#26 ·
None with a bow

I'd love to do one more with a recurve

I have three animals that are my favorite to hunt

1 whitetail with a bow ....... you just can't buy good local bucks .... you gotta hunt for the most mature animal in your area and it's always a chess match .... it's where I started and where I'll finish

#28 ·
Last but not least Cape Buffalo

Just love it . Growing up in the PA deer woods to get to follow track and than sneak in on a Mature Cape is just awesome. It can be a very action packed hunt

I've shot them from as close as ten yards

This big old Tanzanian Bull is my best 42 inches

#36 ·
This one had some big bosses

This one I hide in a brush pile and shot him at 10 yards as he walked by in a huge Hurd

When they ran at the shot it sounded like rolling thunder

I ran after hem and as I came around some brush he was trying to gain his feet and I finished him at less than 5 yards

#46 ·
While I was watching this in the living room my girlfriend comes in right when you say "I get a big hard on" she asks me what I'm watching and thought it was something with Seth Rogan. Now I can't unhear Seth Rogan's voice while watching your vids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.