Trad Talk Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Swan ILF longbow ????

28K views 139 replies 29 participants last post by  van_fl 
#1 ·
I got a pair of Black Swan ILF longbow limbs yesterday. Hmmmm these ILF limbs don't have any rocker on the bottom of the limb butt. Limb butt is flat like the old Hoyt T/D limbs.

Does this mean I will have to bolt them down all the way, thus not have tiller and draw weight adjustment? if so what kind of ILF limb is that. at $600 a pair it is kinda of surprising or else I don't get how to mount them?

I'll post some pics this afternoon. Man I confused????

rusty

#63 · (Edited)
:) believe it.

i tried to buy a alloy mini 14 ilf but the bowyer did not want to sale it to me????

if i can't buy the product, it makes is hard to promote it. if i buy the product and it does not fit any of my ILF risers, makes it hard to promote it. if i buy a 18" wooden riser pictured with ILF alloy tracks and then find the riser I get was not as pictured and the bowyer had the wrong picture for the riser he was advertising.....makes it hard to pormote. If i get an 18" wooden riser from a mix up from the bowyer that is just like a 16" wooden riser I got from the bowyer that was not very durable, makes it hard to promote.

rusty

#64 · (Edited)
so far I am upto $1000 in wooden ilf riser that were not satisfactory at all and $600 in limbs that would not fit any ILF risers I had.

I would think at $1600 in support is putting my money where my mouth is, especailly since I have nothing for my $1600 that i can shoot. what do you think?

btw I did try my $600 limbs on my 2 problem ilf risers....they would not fit each other.

rusty

#65 ·
I think if you would try to work with the bowyer before you go to Tradtalk and start a war of words, down grading everyone who doesn't have your take on the subject. You have no idea how much money I have in R & D, far more than $1600. One of the 1st to have the ILF wooden Riser with David giving me the go ahead, Yes I asked him......We have improved them to the point now we have few problems at all, I'm sure there will be more and then I'll get it fixed also. So I am sorry about your $1600 out of pocket. Try talking with the bowyers to solve the problem not be part of it. I bet you wouldn't be out $1600 if you had.. And I'm not the only one that thinks that...

Bob

#66 · (Edited)
I never said a word about the risers to anyone except you until you opened the can of worms on Tradtalk. search thru the archives and you will see it's true. I was waiting patiently till ya got your stuff worked out. infact I was betting on you.

it is all in the archives to search thru Bob, help yourself. If you had never fired the shot across my helm that you did not want to sale me a riser because you were afriad tha Dryad would copy it and you thought Dryad was uncutting the price point on custom bows.......i'd have sent your risers back and paid the extra $75 bucks apiece to get them shootable, when you got your system worked out.

then there was the shot ya fired at Dryad that ya get exaclty what ya pay for was kinda your last straw for me. I sure didn't get what I paid for from you. (in the archives if you would like to read it)

well infact I think that Dryad is putting a great product at any price. I figured soon or later you were going to put a good product.maybe a little over priced but at least shootable :)

I heard that you were now just building bows "one off" these days, if not welcome back. we can continue our fuss till the cows come home if you think it is any way productive.

you want trade a 16" and 18" early riser (shot very little) + $100 for mini 14 alloy. man ya'd be making a good deal :)

rusty

#67 ·
Never said Dryad didn't build a good product, Saw their epics at compton, Very nice looking limb, I would love to have a set ( I enjoy shooting other stuff Too). I still say its under priced, and I think Mike will tell you the same.
I had 2 emplyees that were wanting to quit in July, Niether have and aren't. I have hired more help so nothing has changed, Taking new orders daily. No Fuss here.
Trade sound like a good deal, The only problem I can see if there is a problem or anything that needs attention on the Mini I would hear about it before I read about on any website. I don't know if the Mini will suit you needs, It has a short window and requires a slight cant to shoot accurate. We can talk..

Bob

#68 ·
Bob I just bought your Mini Metal Ilf riser, paired it up with Samick limbs, Sky limbs, Hoyt limbs and of course Morrison limbs, love it to death. Accepts every limb I have without issue. Keep up the good work, you have a completely satisfied customer here. Saving my pennies for another pair of your awesome limbs.

#69 · (Edited)
Bob, to me that is good news. we are a top traditonal bowyer. there are a ton of tradbow hunters that sware by your bows. they are indeed beautiful and have a very good ergomanics. your risers just shoot where ya look. uyou were the first wooden ilf riser and I was one of your first customers for the ifl riser. if you do a search on the archives I never posted a negative comment about your riser till you and I get in a fuss.

I'll stand by every post that i have made and take what criticism is due good or bad. it is all searchable in the archives. if it is an ilf product and works as the international standard you won't here a negative commet out of me. if the product is advertised as ilf and does not work......i think a thread to that end is appropriate on this forum. don't advertise a product as ilf unless it is ilf...........that is my criteria for an appropriate post.

i am galde you are back (or not gone). a trad market without the morrison bows would be less of a market (IMO)

rusty

#74 ·
Rusty, The Mini you 1st wanted, I really didn't want to send you. It was the 1st run of the mini and the angle on the limbs was wrong. I still have 5 of them a d will great for short draws 25" and less.. Run 2 is everthing except quiver-sight holes need moved and have been on the 17". On my own riser I redrilled & taped holes to then proper area. I'm waiting on all comments to add to the 3rd. Run. I think you will be like what we have so far.. Everthing we do here is a work in progress, it will never be 100% the way I want them, and we can't incorperate all things.

Bob

#77 ·
I've got a 13" MMM that I bought at Compton----THANK YOU BOB, Also got a set of Dryad Epics from Mike for it, my set of Bob's foam/carbon longbow limbs, and a set of Border Hex 4s I pried out of Erich's hands. They all package up in one nice compact traveling case thats smaller than the arrow case..

Whats driving me nuts is deciding which limbs I want to shoot at any given time. ALL are so great.

All are a near perfect combination. With this and My DAS-bows I could get rid of ALL my other bows and live quite happily

As I recall Owen Jefferies and Bill Stewart designed the KM for Fred Bear. they could not have even dreamed of a little bow like this.

For me it really takes archery to a new level

#80 ·
with all due respect that is one of the ugliest bows I have ever seen-it looks like a cheap old Bear 76er.I have a 14" ILF Morrison with phenolic and dymondwood and if nothing else the dang thing is aesthetically appealing.Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#82 ·
with all due respect
well I tried!:2cents: you just like it because it has those Cornhusker colors!
:smash:

no doubt it shoots 10X better than a 76er ;) I shot a BS longbow Sackette had a few years back and it was fast and nice looking but the new ones and the reverse mounted metal ones arent for me.

is it me or are the limbs misaligned in one of those pics? it looks like they are off center?

#83 ·
I noticed that too 4nolz.

vt13,

Should we assume the dovetail fitting was off for the picture--or something? The picture may be deceiving, but it surely isn't that far out of alignment.

Attachments

#84 ·
Yes Jim. Arviid was showing how much space the limb has. The T-Rex(it is a test bed riser because I could get one cheap and LH for Arvid) has the same limb pocket dimensions as the Bernadelli risers and is mush cheaper for a riser to use for testing fit and tiller.

The first set Arvid sold was for a Bernadelli riser he was sent to fit the limbs to and those dimensions also work well for the DAS and Trad Tech risers.

#85 · (Edited)
hmmm so ya say? those limbs would not fit a bernardini cobra, bernardini mamba, bernardini aladin, hoyt excell, two different wooden tradtech, moon, zenit, w&w nexpert, elite, dalaa, warf proline, warf black bear, hoyt goldmedalist. with out modification, actually a lot of modification. every other ilf limb i have order fit the above with no problem.

as a matter of fact I mentioned to arvid that i would be shooting them off bernardini risers the cobra and the mamba. I got pictures of how they would not fit if you would like to see them.

if his add had said ILF limb that will fit your riser if you send it in for specail fitting then we would be having this conversation would we. i would have never order them limbs. Hoyt, W&W, Samick, Border, Dryad, the new ilf limbs that PB is carring, SF all fit all the above risers.....all excpet Black Swan and the BS pair I got don't fit by a lot.

I am not sure what your post is saying or impling. do you think those limbs will fit the above risers as they were when I got them? are you saying that I should have excepted them to just fit a T-REX. Are saying that I should not have expected an ILF limb to fit the above ILF risers that every other ILF limb i have bought fit.

????

hmmmm not sure what your pictures is tring to show. As shipped to me the limbs were useless to me. they would not fit anything I got. Not saying they could not have been modified to fit. I am pretty sure a good carfty fellow with good skills and the right sanding machines could have turned them into ILF that would fit all my risers....some how I thought that was Arvid's job and that was what I was paying for????? am I wrong about that?

rusty

#87 ·
You have the old style Morrisons Rusty, Bob has made changes to the limb pockets and these work fine on the new ones. As far as not fitting your other risers, well All I can say is they fit this one fine with room to spare and I don't know how come you're the only guy to get these that can't get them to fit on a riser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.