Trad Talk Forums banner

Storing a strung recurve, can you hang them?

16K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  EagleEye 
#1 ·
I shoot my recurve often, and therefore always keep it strung. My wife is tired of seeing it lay on the floor of the spare room, and I hate crawling underneath the bed to get my bow. Is there anyway to hang the recurve on the wall. I was thinking about some type of bow holder that had wooden pegs(two of them) or something, that would support the bow around the riser and hold the bow parallel to the floor. But I wasn't sure if that would cause any damage. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I would love the added space provided, but do not want to do any damage.

Braden

#3 ·
Braden said:
I shoot my recurve often, and therefore always keep it strung. My wife is tired of seeing it lay on the floor of the spare room, and I hate crawling underneath the bed to get my bow. Is there anyway to hang the recurve on the wall. I was thinking about some type of bow holder that had wooden pegs(two of them) or something, that would support the bow around the riser and hold the bow parallel to the floor. But I wasn't sure if that would cause any damage. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I would love the added space provided, but do not want to do any damage.

Braden
My bows hang on the closet wall unstrung of course... made a rack with 3 sets of pegs just as you described, wrapped with foam to prevent scratching.....can't hurt your bow any more than leaving it strung IMHO....

maybe other opinions coming soon. :)

#12 ·
I just lean mine up behind my bedroom door....I shoot it every day....no problem....
if your bow is not flexed some periodically I would think you should hang it....
I have a recurve Herters that I bought in 1964 and I left it in my gun closet for 20 years or more ....unstrung...leaning against the wall....it still is perfectly aligned and shoots well....it's only 32# @28"....I dont shoot it now cause i like more draw weight...
But then again I'm new and dont have much experience in these matters.
D.

#17 ·
I hang my two always strung recurves in a bow rack which makes them parallel to the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.