Trad Talk Forums banner

Advice on satori riser length

11K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  bulastyle 
#1 ·
Good evening all. Just a basic and simple question about which length Satori riser might fit my draw length and needs the best. I draw 29.5" and am torn between a 19" riser with long Uukha limbs or a 17" riser with long limbs. I think the 17" riser would make a 62" bow and the 17" would be 64" yes?

I like the look of the riser and it seems to have a good amount of deflex. Grip I'm still not sure of. Have an Excel with standard grip and it's okay maybe a little narrow and a little high. Not sure if it's similar to the Satori grip.

Use would be occasional 3D but mostly hunting. I'm leaning toward the shorter combo but don't want to be too short. Thoughts?

I've committed to a clicker/Joel Turner deal and this is my excuse to get a lighter bow to really work on doing it right.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance 😄

Mark

#2 ·
Whatever choice you make, it will still be a compromise. A shorter bow will probably be better for hunting and a longer bow will probably be better for 3D. You already know this.

What sort of terrain do you hunt? If it's relatively open, you might be able to get away with using a 64 inch bow. On the other hand, if it has thick brush, then a shorter bow will be more practical for you. The actual difference between using a 64 inch bow and a 62 inch bow will negligible in practice. We're only talking 2 inches.

You sound as though you're leaning towards the shorter bow. Go with your gut feeling.

#3 ·
Since you're going to use the bow for hunting and 3D, I'd suggest the 19" riser.

I ordered my Satori's in 21" but they're going to be strictly for 3D and play. I depend on my 19" ILF'd Dorado risers as my go to hunting risers. I can put together a 60, 62 or 64" bow with the 19" risers and that can cover just about every hunting situation and 3D too.

Reactions: MRD
#5 ·
I would go 17 for hunting and a really good set of long limbs like Win Wins. Steve long had a set of them like new on the TC cheap a few days ago but he too them down. I would PM him no kidding.:highfive:

That is my pick to hunt with and I am 29 now in DL. I also have another 17 with meds for ground blinds.

3D to win I would go 21 or longer.

#11 ·
I have the 19" w/ 35# TT BM 2.0 Longs on my Satori. Plan on putting 38# Samick Universal Mediums on for hunting. Lovin' it so far. Have also shot the 17" with 30# TT BM 2.0 Longs. Nice but for my 28.5" draw I prefer the extra length. FWIW the 17" does not have sight holes, the 19" & 21" do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.