Trad Talk Forums banner

Tuning question- nock right

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Roger Sr. 
#1 ·
My bareshafts group in with my fletched arrows at 18m; however the nock is significantly to the right to the right.
What's is my next step?

#2 ·
Bob

Sound like you have the right arrow.
Bare shafts will be impacting at a different angle.
Fletched arrows will fly straighter than a bare shafted on.

I would say you have a good tune on those arrows.

I usually try to get the shafts to tune a little weak and impact about an inch or two to the right of a fletched arrow with tail up.
Feathers will make the arrow just an little stiff and make up for the slight discrepancy.

Erich

Reactions: crunch
#3 ·
I don't have the answer for you.

What I'd try is reducing centreshot by a quarter or half turn of the plunger (i.e. change the barrel position, not the spring pressure) and see what happens. Should the shafts straighten up but move to the right a tad you'll have to decide if that's what you want (it would be for some) or you may tighten the plunger spring pressure to return them where they were.

Reactions: crunch
#5 ·
If your bare shafts are grouping with your fletched shafts, they are going to be too stiff after you add fletching.
When you are using the planing method of tuning, don't pay any attention to the angle of the shaft in the target butt, just the point of impact.
For best results, you want to see your bare shafts impacting an inch or two weak. Then, when you add fletching, they will group down the middle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.