Trad Talk Forums banner

Border ILF Risers

22K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  Sid 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of these risers? Does anyone here have one?
If so please email me as I am considering one.

email........stumpbuster@hughes.net

Thank you, Jerry

#31 ·
I only use a chrono for testing my draw and release really. I got a pair of cxg's 38# on the riser. tring to see if i could tune some 700 arrows. don't know how fast they but they are hauling. i think they may tune with nibs. may be a little weak but real close at my string walking lenth. I expect the point is going to be in somewhere in the scoring rings at 60yds (lot better then up in the clouds) split-finger with index anchor (ya think?) watchout 60 yd challange here come da Douglas (ya right!). bag pipes in the back ground :).

rusty

#46 ·
Which curve are you talking about?
The upper surface of the shelf curve or the outer edge curve?

The upper surface is so that you can shoot off the shelf if you like... the curve in its self wont make a problem with vanes, its the height at which the button hole is placed that is critical...

#47 ·
Which curve are you talking about?
The upper surface of the shelf curve or the outer edge curve..
Be VERY careful talking to women about curves................:boxing:

#51 ·
I have had two.. I am between babies right now.. :) Never weighed it, mine wee 19" they are light imo, but then after the bull just about anything feels light :D hehe but seriously not heavy at all.. But if you want light then there are lighter woods than midnight heritage...

#53 ·
Two questions for Sid:):

1. On my Explorer, there are two options for a stab/barebow weight, either the usual place below the grip, or just above the lower limb pocket. Now, I know that you think an additional weight isn't necessary and I am not arguing with that, but if one was to want the second option, just in case, would this be a possibility or is it a bad idea on the BD Mirage...?

2. What would the weight be of a 23" riser in Midnight Heritage, with button bushing and stab bushings added?

Cheers!

#54 ·
Two questions for Sid:):

1. On my Explorer, there are two options for a stab/barebow weight, either the usual place below the grip, or just above the lower limb pocket. Now, I know that you think an additional weight isn't necessary and I am not arguing with that, but if one was to want the second option, just in case, would this be a possibility or is it a bad idea on the BD Mirage...?

2. What would the weight be of a 23" riser in Midnight Heritage, with button bushing and stab bushings added?

Cheers!
We currently have a 23" left hand that is sold, here with stab insert and button hole. It comes in at 1.2kg
As for the bottom insert... totally possible.
For example if you look at Nathans last photo of the bow against the tree, you can see that there is space top and bottom of this kind of insert.

#56 ·
They are sitting here, waiting to be setup, my dad thought i was doing it, and i thought i was doing it... and no one has done it...

I suppose i should send it/them out as we do our other bows, without a rest or nocking point and get it started...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.