1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  everwood 
#1 ·

Check this out. Tell me what ya think.

Have a great day,
Kasey

#2 ·
Looks pretty good!

Quiet bows!

If you can figure out how to tkeep your bow arm slightly higher like you are going to be aiming at something farther away and then drop down to acquire sight picture i think you will like life a whole lot more ;) but everything looks pretty good. youre just flirting with the danger of your entire bow shoulder floating up coming on to target like that. not saying it cant be done just throwin it out there.

huge improvements over last time we shot together!

did i mention those bows are stupid quiet.. geeze.

what are the specs on the bows and arrows?

type, weights, brace heights arrow weights etc?

thanks for sharing. one of these days ill post some of my own vids instead of just hackin on other people lol :highfive:

ps.next time take some lighting with you to the woods:)

#4 ·
Centaur ifs just shy of 40lbs and shooting full length victory vforce .600 spine 8.9gpp 335 total arrow weight.
GMX with Agulla Ultra just over 40lbs shooting full length gold tips ultra lights also .600s 6.7gpp 275gn total arrow weight.

Let me know what you think,
Kasey

#5 ·
I mostly just posted so Ryan could see how quiet my centaur was. Just put the pro series tiller bolts on my gmx, which didn't make much noise difference but the loss of vibration was great.

Kasey
Ps sorry it was dark

#7 ·
Kasey

Nice to put a face with a name how's the long bow treating you?

My only suggestion would be to slow down. Look up some YouTube of Jake Kaminski shooting in Vegas. I'm working hard at slowing my whole sequence down - trying to make everything from setting my hand to hitting conclusion slow smooth and relaxed.

Matt

#8 ·
All I woul dsay is this....great style for targets but way too much movement for hunting...Great form, but (raising up) swinging past your shoulder then coming down while your drawing (I think it would be simpler to just raise and pull your arm back maybe), but hey if it works for you it's all good.

I can't shoot that great and Swing up but just to my sight picture and then settle in..kinda like Rick welch....and it works for me.

Betcha if you can post great scores....nobody would have anything to say right :)

Nice to see your face too....I think that's one of the best things is to see ppl instead of just a handle.

Thanks...fun to watch

Jer

#9 ·
jer,

its possible to practice and program with a "target style draw" and still shoot, when you need to, with a swing draw, or straight draw or kneeling, or even laying on the ground. just because you are going to occasionally be in a less than perfect drawing opportunity in a hunting situation does not mean that you have to practice all of your programming with hunting style draws. its a lot harder to develop feel and tensions with some of the swing draws or static/straight line draws people use.

now im definitely not saying you shouldnt practice your hunting shots from those awkward positions because you should if you think youre going to take them. same thing goes for practicing in your hunting gear but im not about to start preaching to you about hunting because you have probably forgotten more than i know about hunting; i repsect your thoughts and opnions when it comes to hunting. i just dont think MOST of your shots need to be taken from these positions, especially while you are trying to program.

kasey didnt say he was practicing for hunting either. its just as easy to see someone with a hunting draw and say "hey, thats not gonna work too great for target shooting"

side note: i think youre on to something about how fun it is to see other people. maybe we should start one of those threads where everyone shares these kinds of pics and puts in in one thread/location. i think there is a huge thread at tradgang like this and it seems to be a big hit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.