Trad Talk Forums banner

xi myles keller impulse?

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  poomwah 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm trying to get the family into archery. all I have is a compound that I wound up with on a trade.. its a Myles keller impulse
I could live with the way the riser looks and feels, but its a compound.
It's not worth selling, and due to being on disability I can't afford to go out and buy something else.
I can't afford ILF plates. Thinking of using the longest polaris limbs I can get a hold of.
Where is the cheapest place to get them.
Does anyone have a pic or diagram that shows how to properly measure limb pocket angle?

#4 ·
Thanks rick, I was thinking of posting a pic but now I don't have to :)
I'm hoping this riser will be a feasible quarf candidate.
The wife and kids want to shoot so if I can low budget this thing into something that a couple of us can shoot, we will all be very happy

#6 ·
Either Polaris or Sage limbs made by Samick will bolt right into the limb pockets..measurements are good..3Rivers and Lancaster both sell them....

I made one out of an Xi Thunberbird years ago (1994)..straight bolt in with Polaris limbs..the bow came out about 3 lbs. less than the weight marked on the limbs (62"-39,66"-37)..bow came out at 36 lbs..

Hope this helps some...

#7 ·
RS,
Thanks SO much for the good news :]
I'll start tearing it down. It will be QUITE some time before I can save and scrounge up for the limbs, probably not till fall realistically. BUT, that gives me plenty of time to sand and paint the riser, and time to learn to make a string :]
Luckily I've got a lot of left over sanding and painting supplies, so there won't be any expense there.
So its looking like 66" 38-40 polaris limbs. Should put the weight about where I want it, and the white polaris limbs will look good with the paint job I have in mind.

#8 ·

So I'm guessing....trim the pins off the limb side of the rockers, double face tape the rockers to the limbs, bolt them on, string it up, and loose some arrows. Or in my case LOSE some arrows, lol.
Is that all I need to do? No plates or riser mods?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.