Trad Talk Forums banner

Border ILF Risers

22K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  Sid 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of these risers? Does anyone here have one?
If so please email me as I am considering one.

email........stumpbuster@hughes.net

Thank you, Jerry

#15 ·

25" all zebrano, Low grip
23" Shedua, heritage midnight, Low grip
21" cocobolo, zebrano Meduim grip
19" Shedua, heritage midnight, Meduim grip
17" all cocbolo with high grip.

We also have a 15". the first three have button bushes, and there are options for stabilisers, sights, quiver inserts, horn overlays etc...

#24 · (Edited)
there are many things about the BD ILF riser that are excellent. One of the neatest bits is the limb bolts and their adjustment. pretty standard is the hes nut retainer bolt from the bottom. the neat bit is the bolts have a nice shaped bolt head that is easily turn by your fingers. it also has a very visible black dot on it to indicate the localtion. nice touche.

if you are used to running your stabilizer tightened direct to the riser without a retention nut ya will mostly have to have a retention nut on the bolt with the BD. the lift of the riser coming of the upper side of the stab boss is at a pretty steep angle. the diameter of most of my stab will interfer with bolting the stab up without a nut. I think it is a bad idea to run you stab without a retention nut. they are head to get tightened just be a hadn grippring the stab and turning it. if you do get the stab tight enough without the retention nut, you can unscrew the bolt out of the stab inside of screwing the stab bolt out of the riser.

i have had my BD ILF (23" BTW) for a little less than a year as I recall. it is very clear to me that a great deal of thought and design went into the riser but someone who knew an awful lot about what a riser needs to do (be stiff and hold the limbs). be adjusted to a archers shooting style) and not get in the way (ergomonics spot on for me).

after using the riser for our state recurve championship, two 3D shoots and one field shoot, plus a lot of practicing, I can say I would change nothing on the riser. I would like to change a few thing on the guy behind the riser :)

if you shoot an ILF FITA alloy riser (25" or 23") there is some difference. This is due to the alloy vs wood. I think most of you know what those differences are. an example would be you are not going to get a any wooden ILF riser with as much arrow exposure as the Bernardini and Best riser. If you have been shoot a wooden take down 3 piece or one piece, you are going get more arrow exposure than ya got now. ya'll love it.

if you are shooting 400 are under spine arrows. you will have not problems. I have not tried fat boys off the riser and I would ask Sid what he thougth. the arrow diameter vs the sight window cut passed center seems to me to be very near the same as my BB Warfs when comparing the BD ILF. I shoot my PB with a warf BB and 520 redline indoors (it was not very close to Jim's 283 though.

Be sure and ask Sid or some of the real techy guys on here how far the BD is cut passed center. it is better than any wooden bows I have shot but is not like a FITA alloy ILF riser

i would like to give the short BD ILF a go sometime. I think it would be a pigger hunter deluxe. for hutning I like a shorter sight window with a pretty radcial curve cut into the sight window. it is a point gapper vs window mapper thing for me. I really like the DAS bows but i had rather have a shorter sight window. i nap the sight window better than i gap the point (at least more naturally)

this the best wooden target riser made today. Best wooden target riser made yesteryear too IMO.

when Sid comes back on maybe he will give ya the specs on the cut passed center and tell ya how he thinks fat boys (indoor arrow for some of the guys I know) would tune off the bow. if you are shooting a 5/16" arrow it is just sweet (my only experience with the riser)

the best thing about buying a Borders product is the collective knowledge at Borders. if ya tell them what ya got in mind, what ya are gonna do with the product, and the application you are gonna use your bow for, you will be surprised at some of the things they suggest and can do. you will be happy camper when you bow comes. it ain't like ordering a bow from altservice :)

Rusty

#27 ·
Nice risers ... sexy curves

Sid did you have some pics of your 15" risers with some ILF lonbow limbs on them ?
Can we have button bushes for the 15" and 17" ?

Cheers
Firstly, we currently dont have any 15" risers in stock to photo...

BUT they look very very much like the 17"... the grip is a fraction shorter to allow everything to fit in.
So if your 6'8" and hands like shovels then i dont think its the riser for you, But then again, a 15" ILF isnt the right riser anyhow if your that big!

Yes we can fit a button bush, we can fit them for off the shelf or elevated.

Rusty, your point has been heard about the stab bush needing a little elongation to clear the riser face. next batch of stab bushes me make will get a little extension.

the risers are 5/16" past centre so there is room.

Guys used to shoot 11/32ths arrows out of bows cut 1/4" past centre. Sight windows cut specifically for gapping, with vertical arrow flight... it should work...

We will slowly work towards more clearance... but one step at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.